Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a McDonald's Uber Eats order I just dropped off seconds ago.(4:30 am).. After I got to the customer, the 8-minute timer started. With only 11 seconds left and after I texted her about 15 times and called her about 15 times over 8 mins she finally texts me back! And I drive around to the back of the garage to deliver her food.

Screenshot_20200905-042553_Uber Driver.jpg

Screenshot_20200905-042824_Uber Driver.jpg

I was happy to finally get her the food :) but I really felt like people should check their phone or answer their phone when it's in the middle of the night.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
DO you notice that UberEats navigation is getting exact location of Customer's phone which is awesome. It makes us easy to find the drop off location. Before was UberEats navigation was showing location of a house that they got it from USPS and those usually are not exact as of google map.
Next time, follow the red point which is location of the customer's phone or where the order was made.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never done UE, but don't you get to cancel and keep the food at 8 minutes?
@ariel5466 ! How are you this afternoon? Just as I was about to cancel as I saw the 8 min timer run down, (there was a countdown that ticked down with 11 seconds left), that's when I got her text. !! JUST as I was about to end the delivery trip!

DO you notice that UberEats navigation is getting exact location of Customer's phone which is awesome. It makes us easy to find the drop off location. Before was UberEats navigation was showing location of a house that they got it from USPS and those usually are not exact as of google map.
Next time, follow the red point which is location of the customer's phone or where the order was made.
@Wildgoose ! Top of the morning to you my good friend! Yeah the location of the customer's phone was right where it should be, and it was her that asked me to deliver it to her back garage because for some reason she didn't want to come out the front. But thanks for your suggestion!

That's so annoying. You know you ordered food. Pay attention to your phone!
@Atom guy ! That's why these late night deliveries are sometimes annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
You lost me at "McDonalds"

When I was driving I learned early on that McD trips are almost always a hassle and never worth it. Also, as soon as the timer ran out I'd have been gone. You know you ordered food. You can't get out there in time you're not wasting any more of mine.
They're getting better, but it really just depends on how well each individual store is managed and staff.

There's some in town I'll deliver from without hesitation, even if the pay is less than $10. And there's others I decline every time unless the pay is $20+ and I need a good break anyways while I sit in the parking lot for 15+ minutes while waiting for them to bring it out to me. (Mount Oliver...cough cough, I'm looking at you!).

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your app said you could of ended that delivery.
Why not just move on like the rest of us ?
If they do not answer there phone the first time i call them i am keeping it .
You are trying to hard to help idiots .
@kingcorey321 my buddy, maybe I should have. After all, I did wait the entire 8 minutes.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
I've never done UE, but don't you get to cancel and keep the food at 8 minutes?
If I did UE their ass better be out within 8 minutes! Or that food is mine!
You should try UberEats. Pay is including upfront tips and it is really better than UberX. You can make more than $50 for 5 trips.

Instruction for most of the order is to leave at door. So you have to drop it there and take a picture for it as proof. Food will not be yours.
In his case, customer's instruction was to leave at car garage and he had trouble of finding the correct garage. I would just leave it at door explaining in the app ( in comment ).

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Why not just move on like the rest of us ?
Because Uber accuses drivers of committing "fraud" if they have "too many" no-shows, even if the driver follows procedure 100%.

First they take away Instant Pay and if the no-shows continue, they fire the driver. Uber doesn't give a shit if the driver waits the full 8 minutes, calls support, knocks on the customers door or anything else. If the number of no-shows goes beyond whatever number the algorithm decides, the driver is fired.

As an Eats driver, If I have to use a no-show I don't want it to be a McD order, I want it to be good food.

So for a McD order or any other crappy restaurant I'm gonna go the extra mile to make sure the customer gets their order.

5 words

Why are you contacting them?

UE pay is too low for such an effort. I leave it on the ground or eat it. In this case that food would've been mine.
Uber fires drivers for having "too many" no-shows even if the driver follows procedures 120%. The algo sets a no-show limit, and if the driver goes beyond it, Uber will send threatening emails with accusations of fraud.

These "gig" companies are unethical piles of garbage, period.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Because Uber accuses drivers of committing "fraud" if they have "too many" no-shows, even if the driver follows procedure 100%.

First they take away Instant Pay and if the no-shows continue, they fire the driver. Uber doesn't give a shit if the driver waits the full 8 minutes, calls support, knocks on the customers door or anything else. If the number of no-shows goes beyond whatever number the algorithm decides, the driver is fired.

As an Eats driver, If I'm gonna have to use a no-show, I don't want it to be a McD order, I want it to be good food.

So for a McD order or any other crappy restaurant I'm gonna go the extra mile to make sure the customer gets their order.

Uber fires drivers for having "too many" no-shows even if the driver follows procedures 120%. The algo sets a no-show limit, and if the driver goes beyond it, Uber will send threatening emails with accusations of fraud.

These "gig" companies are unethical piles of garbage, period.
I've got about 1200 deliveries. I've done it less than 5 times.

·
Premium Member
4,993 Posts
You should try UberEats. Pay is including upfront tips and it is really better than UberX. You can make more than $50 for 5 trips.
Normally (pre-COVID) UE is pretty dead in my market. I heard it was booming in April & May, but I was making almost $800/week in UI/PUA so I gave my car a break. From what I hear it's slowed down a lot.

Plus, with bathrooms being scarce, I prefer to stay close to home. And that would have me delivering pretty much exclusively to apartment buildings, which I've heard can be a nightmare.

I also don't want to end up with a delivery to a bad neighborhood. Shootings and violence are up in my city, but always in the same areas. I'd like to stay out of those areas. With pax, it's easy. Go offline, let them out, lock the doors, and GTFO. I don't want to have to park my car and get out and knock on doors in those areas. That's the whole reason I decided not to get a Census job.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Normally (pre-COVID) UE is pretty dead in my market. I heard it was booming in April & May, but I was making almost $800/week in UI/PUA so I gave my car a break. From what I hear it's slowed down a lot.

Plus, with bathrooms being scarce, I prefer to stay close to home. And that would have me delivering pretty much exclusively to apartment buildings, which I've heard can be a nightmare.

I also don't want to end up with a delivery to a bad neighborhood. Shootings and violence are up in my city, but always in the same areas. I'd like to stay out of those areas. With pax, it's easy. Go offline, let them out, lock the doors, and GTFO. I don't want to have to park my car and get out and knock on doors in those areas. That's the whole reason I decided not to get a Census job.
UE is not like DD. It usually don't send me faraway from my working area. That's why I like UE over DD.
Current UE navigation is better than a year ago. The building where I have to drop off the food is right spot on the app not like before. Due to Covid, less UberX cars are in street so driving dead miles to pick up a pax is longer and they don't usually tip for long wait frustration. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
You lost me at “McDonalds”

When I was driving I learned early on that McD trips are almost always a hassle and never worth it. Also, as soon as the timer ran out I’d have been gone. You know you ordered food. You can’t get out there in time you’re not wasting any more of mine.
Exactly, I had an order last night and I get to the complex and there is no way to enter only though a “FOB KEY” so I tell her “hello I’ve arrived is there any other way into the complex?” And she replies “mmm no just wait until someone can let you in” that right now made me mad already because I had another order waiting for me to pick up, I wait the 8 minutes, message her letting her know about the UBER 8 Minute rule and that I have the right to cancel after waiting 8 minutes. So ten minutes later no response, I just left the food by the gate a hit delivered and took off to my next one. She calls me 20 minutes later asking where her food is and I told her I left it by the gate, she assumes I stole it even though I waited plenty of time for her to come to the gate to retrieve her food and give me my first bad review over something that was her fault lol I wish there was a way to avoid certain customers. Sorry for the rant, just angry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts