Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this bait and lure scam. There has been no surges and barely any rides! They threw the bone out again and killed our momentum. Stop the chasing! You are going to work more for that 500 than you think and waste more gas and do more miles! Stop being desperate! Turn off the app until you see a surge! They are playing you all and making you work like dogs! Im seeing posts people driving 10 hrs pulling lesss than 100??? Wtf. You all that desperate to pull 500??? Uber off until surge! Lets control them not them control us!!!

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Since this bait and lure scam. There has been no surges and barely any rides! They threw the bone out again and killed our momentum. Stop the chasing! You are going to work more for that 500 than you think and waste more gas and do more miles! Stop being desperate! Turn off the app until you see a surge! They are playing you all and making you work like dogs! Im seeing posts people driving 10 hrs pulling lesss than 100??? Wtf. You all that desperate to pull 500??? Uber off until surge! Lets control them not them control us!!!
You wrong. We drove 10hrs today to chase the promo. Once we done the 50 trips, which basically will be done by tomorrow. Then 20hrs period will become $500 NET value. Which actually also means we just burnt gas and mileage in half.
We, including myself are desperate sometimes yes it's true. But this time we are smart, i think. Everybody has different strategy/ thinking towards this current incentive.
The incentive might not satisfy part timers but def works for the full timers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wrong. We drove 10hrs today to chase the promo. Once we done the 50 trips, which basically will be done by tomorrow. Then 20hrs period will become $500 NET value. Which actually also means we just burnt gas and mileage in half.
We, including myself are desperate sometimes yes it's true. But this time we are smart, i think. Everybody has different strategy/ thinking towards this current incentive.
How many trips did you get in that 10 hrs? Strip or off strip?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
23 trips when surging is 200 so the diff is they got the whole uber camp out there supplying rides to the ones that couldnt get them before this bone chasing guarantee.. Now every rider is getting a ride, airport or 3-5 miles out no problem.. Uber still wins.. So sad that they change one little thing and the whole thing we built to make us more money just sinks.. Shows you they will always win because they work off of greed! 10 hrs 23 trips is bullshit.. thats 2.3 rides an hr.. So sad that people will slave their day away the dumb way instead of holding ground and playing it smart..

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
PEOPLE!! Obvious this Uber!! Ignore!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
App OFF until you see a surge, make Uber up the ante to get all the drivers out! They throw one promo and every driver and their momma comes out to drive, that makes all the drivers get less rides.. Stop falling for these motivational scams! They just make uber more money, because not everyone gets the bonus, but everyone goes out and drives for it! There needs to be a real guarantee! A 1.50 a mile guarantee! That will make sure we all get money! Till then UBER OFF until a surge, make Uber raise the fares!

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
23 trips when surging is 200 so the diff is they got the whole uber camp out there supplying rides to the ones that couldnt get them before this bone chasing guarantee.. Now every rider is getting a ride, airport or 3-5 miles out no problem.. Uber still wins.. So sad that they change one little thing and the whole thing we built to make us more money just sinks.. Shows you they will always win because they work off of greed! 10 hrs 23 trips is bullshit.. thats 2.3 rides an hr.. So sad that people will slave their day away the dumb way instead of holding ground and playing it smart..
Let me ask you this..
How long have you been driving this Uber/ Lyft? What are your lifetime rides combined? I assume you are part timer not a full timer.
In regular days (no big conventions or events in town), how often do you see the surges? How long does it last? Let say there is a decent surge, 2.5x going on, will you be able to get that 2.5x? You are lucky if you get the 2x at least. And will you know whether or not it's gonna be a long ride? No you don't!
As i mentioned on the other threads in the past, Uber isn't for everyone. Work smarter not harder.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me ask you this..
How long have you been driving this Uber/ Lyft? What are your lifetime rides combined? I assume you are part timer not a full timer.
In regular days (no big conventions or events in town), how often do you see the surges? How long does it last? Let say there is a decent surge, 2.5x going on, will you be able to get that 2.5x? You are lucky if you get the 2x at least. And will you know whether or not it's gonna be a long ride? No you don't!
As i mentioned on the other threads in the past, Uber isn't for everyone. Work smarter not harder.
I've been driving since 3-2015.. Ive driven in SF,LA and LV.. I started out at 2.40 a mile. Yes try to do it full time, but the money isnt enough anymore because of saturation and stupid ass promotions. Ive seen this bs go down the drain. Its a race to the bottom.. All they need to do is raise their fares. Lyft will stay low, but lyft drivers will go to the better paying company, then lyft will raise until they cant raise anymore.. Everyone wins.. But these promos just keep everyone driving for peanuts. We need to stop clinging on to these promos for money and work smart not hard.. UBER OFF UNTIL SURGE, NO AIRPORT PICK UPS, AND DONT CHASE THE PROMOS CHASE THE KICK BACKS AND TIPS THAT'S WHERE THE SMART MONEY IS!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well i went out tonight. From 7 to 10 i only made 6 rides. I thibk that sucked what do u think? Got 2 dumb select cancels, i do uber x and select, on the second one i just lost it and let the lady have it. Wasting my g....mn time. Anyways hopefully ill be able.to.get on the guara the wagon :( btw everyone doing uber is at least dping something. Some ppl might call it desperate i call it feeding your family, paying your bills and staying afloar until better times. Even if i dont get it i hope a lot of ppl get their Guarantee we all need it.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Well i went out tonight. From 7 to 10 i only made 6 rides. I thibk that sucked what do u think? Got 2 dumb select cancels, i do uber x and select, on the second one i just lost it and let the lady have it. Wasting my g....mn time. Anyways hopefully ill be able.to.get on the guara the wagon :( btw everyone doing uber is at least dping something. Some ppl might call it desperate i call it feeding your family, paying your bills and staying afloar until better times. Even if i dont get it i hope a lot of ppl get their Guarantee we all need it.
Hey folks Notice the Smart talk? Uber is on this Page. We all know the Bull @$&@ [email protected]&$? I've tested and proven the Math That Uber Is B.S

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WE MUST BAND TOGETHER AND PLAY SMART. THESE PROMOS DIVIDE US AND KILL THE MARKET.. WE NEED HUSTLE NOT HAND OUTS! WORK FOR TIPS AND KICK BACKS FROM STIP CLUBS! PUT UP TIP SIGNS, SEND TEXTS TO THE PAX BEFORE PICK UP STATING YOU CAN ACCEPT TIPS, THAT SHOULD GET YOU 30% PAX TIPPING YOU CASH.. I DO IT AND IT WORKS.. LETS TEACH THEM NOT THEM TEACH US.. WE ARE NOT INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, WELL MOST ARENT.. MOST ARE UBER DEPENDENT. HOES TO A PIMP. GO OUT THERE AND HUSTLE UBER NOT UBER HUSTLE YOU!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey folks Notice the Smart talk? Uber is on this Page. We all know the Bull @$&@ [email protected]&$? I've tested and proven the Math That Uber Is B.S
HI UBER! RAISE YOUR FARES! NOT ONLY WILL YOU GET MORE DRIVERS FROM LYFT YOU WILL ALSO GET MORE MONEY FROM PAX! AND A HAPPY DRIVER IS A HAPPY RIDER WHICH MAKES A HAPPY UBER! :) THEN LYFT WILL RAISE RATES, THEN YOU CAN RAISE RATES AGAIN AND THEN WE ALL MAKE MORE MONEY! PAX HAVE TOLD ME THEY ARE HAPPY PAYING ANYTHING LESS THAN A TAXI, BECAUSE THEY CAN ACTUALLY GET A RIDE WITHIN 10 MIN AND A PRIVATE COOL DRIVER.. FIRE YOUR MARKETING AND BUSINESS EXECS THEY ONLY KNOW HOW TO RACE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL.. RAISE RATE=HAPPY DRIVER=HAPPY RIDER=HAPPY UBER!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
WE MUST BAND TOGETHER AND PLAY SMART. THESE PROMOS DIVIDE US AND KILL THE MARKET.. WE NEED HUSTLE NOT HAND OUTS! WORK FOR TIPS AND KICK BACKS FROM STIP CLUBS! PUT UP TIP SIGNS, SEND TEXTS TO THE PAX BEFORE PICK UP STATING YOU CAN ACCEPT TIPS, THAT SHOULD GET YOU 30% PAX TIPPING YOU CASH.. I DO IT AND IT WORKS.. LETS TEACH THEM NOT THEM TEACH US.. WE ARE NOT INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, WELL MOST ARENT.. MOST ARE UBER DEPENDENT. HOES TO A PIMP. GO OUT THERE AND HUSTLE UBER NOT UBER HUSTLE YOU!
Sorry Diego. They have your # Now

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry Diego. They have your # Now
THEY NEED MY NUMBER, THEY NEED TO RAISE RATES AND MAKE MORE MONEY FOR ALL OF US INCLUDING THEM.. IF THEY RAISE RATES LYFT DRIVERS WILL BE GOING TO UBER MORE, PAX WILL HAVE BETTER SERVICE AND EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPIER.. RACE TO THE BOTTOM KILLS BUSINESSES AND SERVICE.. THIS IS LAS VEGAS NOT SF OR LA.. PEOPLE HAVE MONEY HERE AND PAY FOR SERVICE AND HOSPITALITY UNLIKE THE OTHER CITIES LISTED.. ANYTHING CHEAPER THAN A TAXI IS BETTER FOR PAX!

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Please do what you believe. Don't like it?, just get them to deactivate you.
What's your rating and lifetime rides here in LV, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Please do what you believe. Don't like it?, just get them to deactivate you. Yes i'm a NEWBIE, just like you :)
What's your rating and lifetime rides here in LV, if you don't mind me asking?
Doesn't matter my rating rides,, I love the Uber concept of giving people rides and making income from it, but the money is so low that now its just barely enough to get by. Which is not acceptable. Pax will pay more, they have told me. They just love the fact they can get a ride within 10 min opposed to a cab 1hr.. Also I enjoy meeting new people every day. I just hate seeing these promos to get every driver out that don't usually drive. Uber is a great opportunity to make something good. The way its going though is making it only good for Uber, when we the drivers make it good for the rider.. I use Uber myself and tip every driver, because I believe they deserve it.. Just upset that the drivers dont have no union.. :(

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Doesn't matter my rating rides,, I love the Uber concept of giving people rides and making income from it, but the money is so low that now its just barely enough to get by. Which is not acceptable. Pax will pay more, they have told me. They just love the fact they can get a ride within 10 min opposed to a cab 1hr.. Also I enjoy meeting new people every day. I just hate seeing these promos to get every driver out that don't usually drive. Uber is a great opportunity to make something good. The way its going though is making it only good for Uber, when we the drivers make it good for the rider.. I use Uber myself and tip every driver, because I believe they deserve it.. Just upset that the drivers dont have no union.. :(
Real reason i asked just to find out whos the newbie. That's all :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts