Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a good judge of people though every once and a while they surprise me. I tell my son to never judge someone and the occasional passenger always reminds me.
Someone that appears to be well off and says they will tip in advance for you going out of your way somehow never does,.
Then on the other hand there is the hard worker you pick up making min wage and you do your job driving them home only to be left a $5.00 tip on multiple occasions..
I dont thing the response saying "says thanks for the tip" is enough on the app So I would like to take the time and say Thank You! I wish the app would let you type a message.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
disagree. if someone under the age of 35 tells you "i'm going to leave you a good tip," 100% guaranteed they will definitely not tip. so you can judge a book by it's cover.
If it's over 35 is it 100% guranteed they will tip? From my experience if they are going to tip they will without telling you so. Regardless of age..😎

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I picked up a customer the other day who asked me to stop as soon as I started driving. He realized he is missing an item that was very important. So I pull over, he searches for it and asks me to go back to the pick up location.
We get back and he still can’t find it. I ask him what it was so I can help, and he stated it was a little black box. We check under the seats, and between the cushions and no luck. I decide to inspect outside, all while he keeps repeating that he promises to reimburse me for my time and effort by tipping me well.

I began to scan all round the vehicle and I find it. Turns out it was an engagement ring that he just purchased for his girlfriend. 2 days later, still no tip.
I’ll stick to giving everyone who says I’ll tip in the app a one star along with all those who are too lazy to walk down the street and would rather waste my time.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I get most of my tips from working class to poorer riders. As a matter of fact, I get more from the poorer riders. In my experience, the richer, the less likely I'm going to see a tip at all. I've had people who are obviously very poor hand me $20 bills, and later the same night get a $1 tip in app from a literal mansion dropoff, and the dollar is a rarity. Most of the time, it's nothing.

I tend to be the opposite of most in that I go out of my way to avoid both wealthy and the most dangerous neighborhoods. Brentwood is a well known wealthy town. When I get dropoffs there, I turn off the app until I'm closer to Nashville. In addition to the non tipping, the excess alone is enough to turn my stomach.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I live in a pretty affluent community with a very robust restaurant business in the center of town. I will get pings from my house that are just minutes away. The address is an upscale home. Couple walks out and I don't even have to look at destination. I already know. 5 minutes (or less) to a restaurant in town.
That's not the problem. Of course they don't tip. These POS get a ride that I make $3.00 bucks on and NEVER tip.
I've made a pledge to 1 star any other couple I pick up under this scenario.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
disagree. if someone under the age of 35 tells you "i'm going to leave you a good tip," 100% guaranteed they will definitely not tip. so you can judge a book by it's cover.
Especially if they come in groups of 4 or 5, are drunk, refer to you as "bruh" and boast that they're "gonna tip you BIG"....that's a zero tip ride (assuming you unlock the door for them, I DONT).

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
If it's over 35 is it 100% guranteed they will tip? From my experience if they are going to tip they will without telling you so. Regardless of age..😎
probably, yeah. the older the person is, the more likely they're not lying to you. they still could be, but probably not. they don't care about their rating, they may not even know they have a rating, and they're telling you they'll tip because they're planning to tip. under 35 and they're definitely lying.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
You left out the rest of that statement...... "I'm going to give you a good tip on the App"
100 times out of 100, you'll never see it.

·
Premium Member
7,241 Posts
I've had both. I've had the people who don't have a lot of money give me a cash tip or one in the app. And I've picked up a guy at a country club who gave me a good tip in the app.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts