Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got picked up by uber today and the police on bikes swung by.

The guy had no dress, no medallion, no inspection. He was about to get a $1,500 ticket.
So even if there is a surge, dont go out without your documentation. More and more cities are having stings to catch drivers.

And for gawds sake, don't ever ever EVER pick up a hail

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
We don't need a medallion.

And right now in my state there's no required inspection to show.

Only thing required is the trade dress. All uber Drivers should know not to do street hails

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
I got picked up by uber today and the police on bikes swung by.

The guy had no dress, no medallion, no inspection. He was about to get a $1,500 ticket.
So even if there is a surge, dont go out without your documentation. More and more cities are having stings to catch drivers.

And for gawds sake, don't ever ever EVER pick up a hail
Last week, I had a drop-off at ORD. As I was leaving, this guy was waving towards me as if he thought I would pull over to pick him up. Are there really Uber drivers out there that would be THAT stupid? :confused: I hope not. I just kept driving. :cool:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Just a reminder to stay on top of the latest intel on your state, county, city and airport laws and regulations. It looks like MA and FL are on the radar now. Know you are not fully covered without TNC Gap insurance and know what the child seat and booster seat laws are.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Bloody coward governments can't go after the real culprits, Uber, so they go after the li'l guy who wants to provide for his/her family and try to pay his/her bills.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
We don't need a medallion.

And right now in my state there's no required inspection to show.

Only thing required is the trade dress. All uber Drivers should know not to do street hails
In Chicago you have to display a city tax emblem. That's probably what Tenzo means by medallion as it looks similar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts