Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
While your strategy makes sense. I feel that Uber is not sustainable in the long term so I am going to profit off it while I can.

When I see a 3x surge I dont think about how I dont want to do this for much longer. I make my money and log off.

When it is no longer profitable or Travis replaces us I will find a better gig.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,551 Posts
Soon as Uber goes driverless and gets rid of all it's drivers, another company is going to pop up out of the woodwork and do what? Ride share, and they are going to need drivers for that. If they are smart, they only take a certain amount of drivers so as not to flood the market. I'm keeping my eyes on Juno. Also, it would make sense that this would be the rise of Lyft and Wingz.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I've been thinking lately why anyone would still want to continue to drive for Uber knowing full well that as a fact, the CEO plans to dump each and every driver the first chance he gets to go driver-less. There's no ambiguity here, he's telling everyone up front that he plans to dump all the drivers!

I decided not to help him reach his goal anymore. Uber is using all current drivers to reach their goal of Humanoids, Flying Cars, and Driver-less cars, and the second they reach that goal, it's bye bye driver. Think about it, read the news, read the posts. Uber is sadly a dead end job. A few tweaks and they could make it work. Instead, they over-flood the market with an endless supply of drivers which is taking money out of other drivers pockets that have been with the company for a longer period of time. The business model is out of whack. There's no loyalty to drivers, and you can see the greed of the company only to serve itself to meet its end game. NO DRIVERS! Seriously, I refuse to help out.
And what year do you predict that people will be picked up by a car with no driver (driverless)? The year 2050, 2060, etc

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
While your strategy makes sense. I feel that Uber is not sustainable in the long term so I am going to profit off it while I can.

When I see a 3x surge I dont think about how I dont want to do this for much longer. I make my money and log off.

When it is no longer profitable or Travis replaces us I will find a better gig.
3X was the base fare at one time.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,551 Posts
Uber tried it in San Francisco til California axed it. Still, Uber is just reformatting their design so it will pass Cali DOT. Also, look a Colorado and Ubers Otto unit. This will happen and happen soon. Ubers already hiring for Driverless Car Operators. ( Tech people) in Pittsburgh.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I've been thinking lately why anyone would still want to continue to drive for Uber knowing full well that as a fact, the CEO plans to dump each and every driver the first chance he gets to go driver-less. There's no ambiguity here, he's telling everyone up front that he plans to dump all the drivers!

I decided not to help him reach his goal anymore. Uber is using all current drivers to reach their goal of Humanoids, Flying Cars, and Driver-less cars, and the second they reach that goal, it's bye bye driver. Think about it, read the news, read the posts. Uber is sadly a dead end job. A few tweaks and they could make it work. Instead, they over-flood the market with an endless supply of drivers which is taking money out of other drivers pockets that have been with the company for a longer period of time. The business model is out of whack. There's no loyalty to drivers, and you can see the greed of the company only to serve itself to meet its end game. NO DRIVERS! Seriously, I refuse to help out.
Same thing goes with all jobs. Robots and A.I. will soon be taking our jobs by the millions.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
The market out here is completely over-saturated with drivers. If you can believe it, I've had only 29 fares since the start of this new year. And I've been online for 8 plus hours a day.
Wow...that is horrific. Our market is over-saturated, but I did 14 rides in under 5 hours Saturday Night. Might be time to work nights.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
That's cool, but running Uber X will never make you any money.
Base fare X rides are a disaster. I run XL mostly. And we had a good Sat night...12 of my 14 rides were surge...so over $120 in 4 hours in the car.

By then we will hopefully have a universal basic income.
Exactly where will the money come from to pay this "universal basic income?"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.