Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Face it Uber will do what ever they can to not pay us what we are worth. Uber knows the highest demand will occur right around 5pm... Sooo do they wait till 5pm to throw the highest traffic period into a big surge? Of course not...NO WAY.

Uber will anticipate the 5 o'clock Rush and throw the surge out there at 20 or 15 minutes minutes before 5 o'clock...then of course most all drivers see the surge and jump online pronto, except the demand in not for 10 or 15 minutes so you probably get squat for rides...then right before 5 magically the surge vanishes and those surge drivers now get base fare pings because they suckered you online early.

DON'T FALL for pre demand surges, stay offline until 5 and get a damn REAL DEMAND SURGE. It's tempting when you see those two and three point surges but it does you no good if there's no Riders SO YOU HAVE TO WAIT!!!

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same thing up here in the financial district in San Francisco. Only way to beat it is to have 2 phones. Once the surge disappears on the pax app, log out of driver mode.
In smaller markets you can make your own surge, get about 5 burner phones and log all on the PAX APP at the same time

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly, one each under your wife's account, mother in law, brother, sister, and neighbor. Genius
I think they have a phrase...it's called the family surge plan haha

·
Registered
461 Posts
A year ago High surge rides R usually a

50% chance for a long one when it's

like a X3.8 now day's

if ur lucky it's 10% chance to get a

long ride as the cheap a$$ wait out or

switch to BLYFT !

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I notice the highest lack of cars about 5:30 pm on weekdays in OC
I find they load up a bunch of ghost cars before the Pre-Surge then in a matter of seconds 2/3s are gone (as they know if 15 people request P/U, ghost cars are not going to be able to) and they throw up a surge to get real cars. They just don't want a surge when not needed so ghost cars fill the bill and give PAX peace of mind.

I could be way off but just my opinion

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I find they load up a bunch of ghost cars before the Pre-Surge then in a matter of seconds 2/3s are gone (as they know if 15 people request P/U, ghost cars are not going to be able to) and they throw up a surge to get real cars. They just don't want a surge when not needed so ghost cars fill the bill and give PAX peace of mind.

I could be way off but just my opinion
Here is what I think happens.... People get off work and flip on the app to do a ride or 2 on the way home, by 530 those cars have either driven home or got a ping. By 530 most supply is dried up so it will surge. That's my 2 cents

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is what I think happens.... People get off work and flip on the app to do a ride or 2 on the way home, by 530 those cars have either driven home or got a ping. By 530 most supply is dried up so it will surge. That's my 2 cents
The after the surge, surge

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
You can't just do a ride or two on your way home. You won't go home.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts