Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

John needs to go to work, so he calls an Uber. The Uber driver is 15+ minutes away, but this trip is on the drivers way home so the driver takes it. A minute or so after the driver arrived at John's house, John sent a message that said I'll be right there. John then proceeded to wait until there was one minute left in the countdown timer to come outside. He then waved at the Uber driver, lit a cigarette and sat down to put on his muddy work boots. He was still lacing up the first one on the timer clicked down to zero. They say there's no such thing as a free education. Today John paid almost $12 for his.馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ

Premium Member
I had one awhile back, where I was going to deadhead around 15 miles back into town, when John ordered a ride from in town. Long pickup and get paid to get him. Perfect !

A couple minutes pass and John calls me to tell ME to cancel, since he's not going to wait and just grabbed a cab. I said, if you don't need me anymore than cancel. He insist I cancel so he won't be charged. I said, if you're not going to cancel, then I'll assume you still need me and I'll continue on. John called me nasty name and hung up.

I got to the pickup, waited out the timer and cancelled.
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

I don't have the screenshot of what John was charged, but it was around $18.
Had he just cancelled when he called me, he would have been charged around $6.

Thanks John, for the near $1/mile pay into town, that I was heading to anyway, and maybe next time you'll cancel when you no longer need a ride. But probably not.

Premium Member
And yet, there are too many drivers that will wait a few extra minutes for that guy.
WAY too many.

I won't lie, as a "wet behind the ears" driver, I always waited. Everyone does it until they learn it isn't worth it, or they quit the gig, or both.

It took me a couple hundred rides, but ever since then I sit there with glee as the timer gets closer and closer to that +3 minute mark, finger hovered over the cancel button. Windows rolled up, doors locked, car in drive. I don't even look around to see if they're chasing me down the street anymore. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Eventually the pax learn, or they don't.

Premium Member
View attachment 622248

John needs to go to work, so he calls an Uber. The Uber driver is 15+ minutes away, but this trip is on the drivers way home so the driver takes it. A minute or so after the driver arrived at John's house, John sent a message that said I'll be right there. John then proceeded to wait until there was one minute left in the countdown timer to come outside. He then waved at the Uber driver, lit a cigarette and sat down to put on his muddy work boots. He was still lacing up the first one on the timer clicked down to zero. They say there's no such thing as a free education. Today John paid almost $12 for his.馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ
Dear John, 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ鈥ever mind

Premium Member
This was at 2 A.M. at a police station/courthouse in bum**** MD as I headed home from the beach.

White Product Slope Map Font

I wasn't about to go play "Where's Waldo?" looking for him. I figured at 2 A.M. they weren't gonna be in a good mood.

Registered
I hate it when they put the wrong address and then they call me and ask where I'm at. After we figure it's the wrong address they like to tell me to drive to them.

Oh Sure let's fix your dumbass mistake by me taking the hit and change the address and drive to your location for free. Or better yet let me stall a little on the phone until I can collect that damn "rider didn't show up" fee and teach your ass a lesson.

Premium Member
I had one pax tell me it wasn't her fault that the Uber app put the pin 8 blocks away. I explained that ordering a ride while you are inside the bar with poor service would suggest that you check the pickup location before ordering would be a good practice. She continued to argue so I explained that I was unwilling to incur the additional cost and time to get to her and that she would be charged a personal responsibility fee.

Premium Member
I had one pax tell me it wasn't her fault that the Uber app put the pin 8 blocks away. I explained that ordering a ride while you are inside the bar with poor service would suggest that you check the pickup location before ordering would be a good practice. She continued to argue so I explained that I was unwilling to incur the additional cost and time to get to her and that she would be charged a personal responsibility fee.
鈥淭rip adjustment: attitude鈥

lol

Premium Member
I had one awhile back, where I was going to deadhead around 15 miles back into town, when John ordered a ride from in town. Long pickup and get paid to get him. Perfect !

A couple minutes pass and John calls me to tell ME to cancel, since he's not going to wait and just grabbed a cab. I said, if you don't need me anymore than cancel. He insist I cancel so he won't be charged. I said, if you're not going to cancel, then I'll assume you still need me and I'll continue on. John called me nasty name and hung up.

I got to the pickup, waited out the timer and cancelled.
View attachment 622259

I don't have the screenshot of what John was charged, but it was around $18.
Had he just cancelled when he called me, he would have been charged around $6.

Thanks John, for the near $1/mile pay into town, that I was heading to anyway, and maybe next time you'll cancel when you no longer need a ride. But probably not.
Nicely done! 馃憡馃槑

Premium Member
I remember the first time I had to wait for a rider.
I had no idea about the ins and outs of the app. After 5 or 10 minutes I phoned the rider. Nobody answered. I didn't know what to do. I started the ride and ended it a few hundred feet down the road. Well I got some money, but of course I got one starred. I believe that was so early in my time as a driver that my rating went down to like 3.5 LOL

Premium Member
View attachment 622248

This belongs in Love Letters to Pax...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts