Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... For now.

I first started Uber a few weeks ago to help me get some extra cash to make ends meet. I dove head first into it knowing my car wasn't in the best of shape. But, I have a 13 month old daughter and bills to pay so I figured it would be best to give it a shot and just repair the car as needed.

After putting every penny that I have left over ,over the past few weeks, my car doesn't want to cooperate.

With that being said, I hope to be back up and running as soon as I can save enough to purchase a vehicle that is somewhat dependabe for uber.

Until then, be safe my friends!

Dillan

·
Registered
459 Posts
whats wrong with the car?

for next purchase the japanese car. they drive even while everything fails lol. i drove my old 1998 toyota camry with coolant dripping on the engine through i-95, like for 10 miles. got home, refilled, good as new lol. now i have 2011. my brother has 2005 civic with 200k mile son it. one of the cylinders failed, and cracked of where the spark plug is, exposing the insides. he still was able to drive it to the shop. fixed it, no problems so far. in 200k miles, that was the only problem he experienced with civic.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2003 Nissan Ultima with 283,000 miles.

Burns oil like it's a priority and because the oil runs so hot, the coolant has to be filled every 250 miles. All of that I can deal with.

My major problem is the engine has been jumping at times. Randomly. I'm not sure why, just out of nowhere the entire cast still start jumping and I have to get the rpms up over 2000 rpms before it will stop.

It's really a bummer because I did enjoy driving with Uber. Hopefully I'll be able to do it again soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts