Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I spoke with a driver who is renting SUV from Uber, his car doesn't has OL license plate.
If this is true that will be another scam from uber to avoid paying 1.5 million livery insurance on their rental vehicle.
Did anyone else saw Uber black cars in nj without OL plate?.

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
I've asked at the Enterprise office, which is the company Uber has it's rental deal with. The only vehicles for Uber/Enterprise rent are intermediate sedans. No minivans, no luxury, no SUV, no crossovers.

Your SUV driver is most likely leasing, not renting.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I saw a brand new Cadillac Escalade doing uberX last week in Asbury...

Reactions: Undermensch

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've asked at the Enterprise office, which is the company Uber has it's rental deal with. The only vehicles for Uber/Enterprise rent are intermediate sedans. No minivans, no luxury, no SUV, no crossovers.

Your SUV driver is most likely leasing, not renting.
Yes he told me he is leasing the car. How this will make any different? to work as uber black the vehicle should has OL and 1.5 million insurance.

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Yes he told me he is leasing the car. How this will make any different? to work as uber black the vehicle should has OL and 1.5 million insurance.
I already explained the difference between renting and leading. You weren't clear on exactly what you were questioning, and I thought that was what it was.

As far as the licensing? I haven't got a clue.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I saw his car online as uber black-suv and he told me he has uberx too.
I wonder if he registeeed with uber using an OL or TLC plate and is using a different vehicle? I really doubt uber would knowingly allow that since their big push is for X, they want us to be doing X at 70¢ per mile (after commission) and ignore the fact that is cost more to operate, especial since they don't pay deadhead miles to pickups

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
????? - So I'm on 495 headed out on the Lincoln Tunnel headed towards the turnpike and a black Suburban passes me. I notice he has Via trade dress in the front window, yet it the vehicle has OL plates. As far as I know, Via only does NY to NY trips.
I'm guessing that person and vehicle have that diamond endorsement? Or Via allows not TLC to do local NYC fares?

·
Registered
846 Posts
????? - So I'm on 495 headed out on the Lincoln Tunnel headed towards the turnpike and a black Suburban passes me. I notice he has Via trade dress in the front window, yet it the vehicle has OL plates. As far as I know, Via only does NY to NY trips.
I'm guessing that person and vehicle have that diamond endorsement? Or Via allows not TLC to do local NYC fares?
Im sure the SUV had the sticker in the window...VIA operates to all the airports now too

Reactions: njctuberx

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder if he registeeed with uber using an OL or TLC plate and is using a different vehicle? I really doubt uber would knowingly allow that since their big push is for X, they want us to be doing X at 70¢ per mile (after commission) and ignore the fact that is cost more to operate, especial since they don't pay deadhead miles to pickups
He told me his leasing that SUV from Uber because his car in the mechanic shop. I actually noticed that he is online with two uber black accounts.
I posted this thread because I know uber don't hesitate to break any law or rules as long as they will save or make more money.

·
Registered
846 Posts
He told me his leasing that SUV from Uber because his car in the mechanic shop. I actually noticed that he is online with two uber black accounts.
I posted this thread because I know uber don't hesitate to break any law or rules as long as they will save or make more money.
Your absolutely right, and Uber is killing the black market to begin with.

Reactions: NoCommission
1 - 12 of 12 Posts