Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i picked up a couple... I waited over 5 minutes they finally came out. After getting in, they kept arguing with eachother how they forgot something. I wanted them to shut up so i said " no big deal just go back inside" ... The guy lierally took like 10 minutes. He finally came out. I ddint start the meter but i felt i should have.
It was a decent ride santa monica to dtla 1.3x surge... Payout was only $25 tho....

When do u start the meter?
If a pax asks u to stop in the middle of trip to pick up beer , etc. do u get paid to wait?

Thanx!!!

6.5 hours ubering last night, $120 payout

· Registered
612 Posts
I start the meter once they get in the car and I confirm they are my pax, if they forgot something and they're gonna take longer than 1 minute to get it, I would have them cancel (so I get the cancel fee).
Yes, you get paid if during a trip you stop and they need to go into a store. You get paid 18 cents per minute, you'll have to decide if that's actually worthwhile for you.
You don't get paid anything at all before starting the trip; so if they have you wait 234 hours before starting the trip, you'll get a total of $0 for those 234 hours.

· Banned
9,012 Posts
Last night i picked up a couple... I waited over 5 minutes they finally came out. After getting in, they kept arguing with eachother how they forgot something. I wanted them to shut up so i said " no big deal just go back inside" ... The guy lierally took like 10 minutes. He finally came out. I ddint start the meter but i felt i should have.
It was a decent ride santa monica to dtla 1.3x surge... Payout was only $25 tho....

If a pax asks u to stop in the middle of trip to pick up beer , etc. do u get paid to wait?

Thanx!!!

As soon as they get in the car turn on the ride. They need to be insured. If you load luggage and they go back inside turn on the trip. Their luggage needs insurance. If they complain tell them any personal items or persons that get in this car require insurance and you are not insured unless the ride is active. You are not going to assume this liability

As far as not starting the trip and they went back inside. If both of them went back in I would've taken the rider no show fee. Let them get another car when they are really ready to go. They can't rate you anyway if it's a rider no show.

If one was still in the car I would've started the ride as they require to be insured and you shouldn't be assuming that liability.

Always use the insurance excuse to start the ride if you really want the ride. If they are irritating and you want to cancel they can't rate you anyway after a rider no show.

Your car is your home turf. They are playing on your field. It's your rules. Don't be afraid to take control and never be afraid to give them 1*. After a while it's actually fun. Try it, it can be very empowering

· Registered
941 Posts
As soon as they get in the car turn on the ride. They need to be insured. If you load luggage and they go back inside turn on the trip. Their luggage needs insurance. If they complain tell them any personal items or persons that get in this car require insurance and you are not insured unless the ride is active. You are not going to assume this liability

As far as not starting the trip and they went back inside. If both of them went back in I would've taken the rider no show fee. Let them get another car when they are really ready to go. They can't rate you anyway if it's a rider no show.

If one was still in the car I would've started the ride as they require to be insured and you shouldn't be assuming that liability.

Always use the insurance excuse to start the ride if you really want the ride. If they are irritating and you want to cancel they can't rate you anyway after a rider no show.

Your car is your home turf. They are playing on your field. It's your rules. Don't be afraid to take control and never be afraid to give them 1*. After a while it's actually fun. Try it, it can be very empowering
You forgot to tell him the satisfaction you get from kicking out a rude, and disrespectful ******bag. The look on their faces while they wait next to the freeway entrance is priceless.

· Registered
1,021 Posts

Thanx!!!

I'm sorry but you have got to be one of the most naive partners ever. Why would you drive for a company without even knowing your wage/ fare schedule? You are the perfect uber partner. Sorry for being a little harsh but come on man read a little bit.

· Registered
2,808 Posts

Thanx!!!

stupid on your part. as soon as they touch your outside door handle, START TRIP. even if you are just putting something in the trunk, any person or their package is in YOUR car, the ride and insurance starts. if they **** up your car and you never start the trip, then you are screwed.

10 MINUTES with no meter running. are you kidding me? holy crap.

· Banned
3,041 Posts
I'm sorry but you have got to be one of the most naive partners ever. Why would you drive for a company without even knowing your wage/ fare schedule? You are the perfect uber partner. Sorry for being a little harsh but come on man read a little bit.
This is the new crop of uber drivers, the more clueless they are the better. Uber loves you, Uber on.

· Registered
1,013 Posts

Thanx!!!

Lol but I bet u didn't mind waiting that much since the trip was a 1.3x from sm to dtl that's a decent trip and worth waiting couple minutes. Just turn on the trip soon as the right pax is in ur car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.