Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Does Uber Eats have account managers?

636 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ANT 7 
#1 ·
I came across something bizarre. I am part of the uber eats community on reddit and they say that there is no such thing as an account manager.

To put my situation into context, a person who introduced himself as an Uber Eats account manager through text helped me with my registration process and was well aware of everything going on with my account (rejected insurances, photo not uploaded properly etc). This person texted me asking me to send those documents in the proper format on the app. Whenever the app rejected my files, he would text me right away on how to send the information correctly. Although he has been helpful, it is very bizarre that he often encourages me to go online (even though UberEats, drivers , in theory, work on a flexible schedule). I contacted Uber about this guy and they said that no representative of theirs will ever contact us on our personal number, it would either be by email or on the app.

I live in Montreal so I don't know if things are different here. But if there is no such thing as an account manager, how does he know everything that is going on with my account without me disclosing anything ?

#2 · (Edited)
It`s a scam. Read this forum. It`s the first pinned thread. If you are for real and not a troll, you just had your ID stolen. The only time they ever had staff doing on boarding of drivers was in person back on day one during 2018. That`s when I started driving.

Uber does not have driver account managers for anything. Most of the Green Light driver support offices are closed or on limited hours. They cannot even answer their driver support lines with english speaking agents, in a timely manner. Airlines after a 48 hour snowstorm delay do a better job than Uber.

Congrats :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.