Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where do you drive, if you don’t mind answer ?
It may be wise , changing your usual area.
I feel your pain . This job is definitely not the walk in the park that UBER paints when there recruit.
I try to stay in the safer areas but every now and then I'll end up in sketchy ones. However, I never accept them at night. This incident happened in McKeesport.

·
Premium Member
7,172 Posts
I can't sleep. 6 inches higher would have killed me. This happened while dropping off. Couldn't tell if shooters were aiming for me or the passengers. Uber has yet to respond to my inquiry regarding damage to car. I am beyond shook. I hope I can get over this. View attachment 607035
They will probably claim your bullet hole is "normal wear and tear" and not subject to an insurance claim.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,270 Posts
I know this is ratchet, but for now to save money and get back out on the road, head to Autozone for some Bondo, 2000 grit sandpaper, and a can of manufacturer touch up paint. Save some money and get it done professionally later on down the road. Unless your own insurance company will cover it without paying an arm and a leg.

·
Premium Member
62,360 Posts
I can't sleep. 6 inches higher would have killed me. This happened while dropping off. Couldn't tell if shooters were aiming for me or the passengers. Uber has yet to respond to my inquiry regarding damage to car. I am beyond shook. I hope I can get over this. View attachment 607035
Looks like they were Aiming for YOU !

IF THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HOTTER LOAD . . .( the bullet gunpowder charge) it would have gone THROUGH THE WINDSHIELD .LUCKY IT DIDNT MAKE IT THROUGH THE FIREWALL.

·
Premium Member
62,360 Posts
Go to a car decal or sign shop. If they close to the paint just throw some of the vinyl over the hole and go.
Or, he can show it to ALL the Passengers & tell them he risks his life for .65 cents a Mile !

With NO COMPENSATION FOR GAS PRICES RISING DAILY !

IF THEY DONT TIP AFTER THAT . . .

SHOOT THEM !

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Wow... I'm really sorry this happened to you, but glad you weren't physically hurt or killed. Amazing also that the pax left a gun in the car. He must know he has it coming. Was only 1 shot fired? How the pax react when it happened? I hope you at least reported the incident to the police and to Uber.

·
Premium Member
12,151 Posts
Just hope Uber covers the damage. Car got hit 3 times. Passenger left a gun in the car as well. Barber college? Thanks for the enlightenment. Your response is crap fer real.

This is the job you signed up for.
You agreed to deal with sub-humans for less than minimum wage.
Good news is that YOU can make a change if you want.

Uber will NOT cover the damage. And if you'd of gotten your head blown off they would have only onboarded another ant to replace you. Ant lives don't matter.

Welcome to the forum.
RESOLVED

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,992 Posts
Check for damage underneath, that bullet stopped some where. I doubt Uber will cover it unless it exceeds their deductible.

Did you file a police report?
What did you do with the gun left behind?
Where are the other 2 hits at?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts