Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had hired a traffic lawyer to fight for a speeding ticket. The hearing date was supposed to be in July this year (which means I still have two months for the hearing date). However, when I check my ticket status online, it shows that the ticket has been closed already. How is this possible? It says that the a closed ticket might mean that I was found guilty and I paid the fines OR I was not found guilty OR ticket was dismissed.

My question:

Lets say I was found guilty: Does it mean that my lawyers paid the fine on my behalf and they will send me a bill later? Does it work like that? I will call them tomorrow and ask but what do you guys think should have happened here?

Also, when I hired the lawyer, they told me that they will take care of the ticket and I do not have to be present at the hearing. They had postponed my hearing date twice already before.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea why would my lawyer represent my case two months before hearing date?

I just paid for downloaded my driving abstract and its clear. I don’t see any conviction. Do they update the record as soon as the judge says i am guilty or do they update my record only after I pay fines?

·
Registered
602 Posts

I just paid for downloaded my driving abstract and its clear. I don't see any conviction. Do they update the record as soon as the judge says i am guilty or do they update my record only after I pay fines?
Looks like it the cop withdrew it or the dmv tossed it. You lucked out speak to your lawyer and see u can get ur money back.

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts

I just paid for downloaded my driving abstract and its clear. I don't see any conviction. Do they update the record as soon as the judge says i am guilty or do they update my record only after I pay fines?
If ut doesn't appear in system it means it got dismissed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts