Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy sh!t. I and here I've been thinking that I've been making my goals outside core LA. Well color me pissed.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Well that's another unknown. I don't have any incentives this week so I can't tell you for sure but if memory serves it says something about restrictions on that page and links you to qualifiers. You might try emailing a CSR and if they tell you it's not a requirement they're probably wrong no matter what they say, but it'll give you some ammunition to stake your claim later

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm gonna say no because last week I did like 3 rides in long beach and it did count for the hr guarantee, I'll get a few screenshots if you like

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: I met the hourly guarantee with rides outside of core. And on Sunday, I drove in a DIFFERENT COUNTY and it still counted for the hourly. Did not expect that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Uber used to post simple rules and regulations on the incentives, it was pretty cool and understandable for about 2 months, a lot of drivers stayed active, and many who quit before came back. Now they don't definite or explain it anymore, and CSRs don't know the rules, and there are no links anyone can send you to to define and explain them. Everyone gets different incentives displayed over the driver app based on a mystical status you are given every week by Uber HQ. What your screen says can be completely different from what another driver's screen says. Yes, it sounds nutty and cruel, and it is. If you want to drive for Uber you have to do what they say or don't drive. You have no power, and almost no control over your income. You either do what they say or quit.

Warning, others may try to tell you how it works, but no one really knows. So don't believe them, ask them for the link that explains it. If there's no link on an official Uber site, Uber can decide new rules every week, and that's what they do. If you dont see it in writing on a Uber site, dont believe it.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Uber used to post simple rules and regulations on the incentives, it was pretty cool and understandable for about 2 months, a lot of drivers stayed active, and many who quit before came back. Now they don't definite or explain it anymore, and CSRs don't know the rules, and there are no links anyone can send you to to define and explain them. Everyone gets different incentives displayed over the driver app based on a mystical status you are given every week by Uber HQ. What your screen says can be completely different from what another driver's screen says. Yes, it sounds nutty and cruel, and it is. If you want to drive for Uber you have to do what they say or don't drive. You have no power, and almost no control over your income. You either do what they say or quit.

Warning, others may try to tell you how it works, but no one really knows. So don't believe them, ask them for the link that explains it. If there's no link on an official Uber site, Uber can decide new rules every week, and that's what they do. If you dont see it in writing on a Uber site, dont believe it.
Fair warning: in regard to bonuses, the company paying them can change the rules any time they like, right up to the moment they give you the check. But they said, but I got a email, but I thought that, may all be legit but they're losing arguments in court

1 - 14 of 14 Posts