Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will appreciate if someone can provide me up to date information in this regard. Here is the summary:

I am going through the TLC licence process--No questions there.
I will go through the new TLC Plate process also.

I like to become a Black Car. Once I complete all legal process, Uber will allow me to work as Black car. I am not sure if I have to take Uber X calls also or it is up to my choice.

In the past, Black car drivers had choice. Uber App allows them to switch back and forth between UberX and Uber Black. Example, they can switch to Uber X, they will receive Uber X call as well as Uber Black. if they are Uber black than they will not receive Uber X calls at all, only Black.

Now Uber is making all Black car driver must take Uber X calls (that is more than 80% of the business) no choice, if you do not accept, your acceptance rate will fall.

I live in Nj, rate is $1.10 per mile gross, so if I will be forced to use my new BMW/L for .90/mile net in NJ or drive 60 miles one way to go to NYC.

I like the old way if possible. With Choice.
Any idea or advise?

·
Registered
271 Posts
They made me do it. I get black car request and Uber X request at the same time but I never see a black car hit because I'm always tied up with Uber X it's been a disaster. You're probably better off just doing Uber X in the city

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
UberXL or SUV - maybe, since occasionally you'll be receiving fares better than 80% of your uberX pings.
Uber Black is dead. Pax are actually trying to score SUV while requesting Black (they cancel until they get what they want).
And non-SUV Black cars are sitting parked all day unless they accept UberX pings.
I've been doing Black two years ago, nothing have changed for better.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boris if you do not accept Uber X pings, what happens? They will penalize you for that?
I asked the uber people, they said "most of the calls are for uber x, if you do not take them , you will be sitting only and others will work".
My response was" that's exactly I want, NOT to take all calls.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Boris if you do not accept Uber X pings, what happens? They will penalize you for that?
I asked the uber people, they said "most of the calls are for uber x, if you do not take them , you will be sitting only and others will work".
You'll get deactivated for low acceptance rate and will be stuck with your car payments without access to Uber platform. Simple as that.

Reactions: bezi_NY

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Red, thanks for your quick response. I live in nj, and do uber X part-time in NJ. Money was ok last year but now due to 1- lower per mile rate. 2- abundance of drivers it is not great.

Any advise? If I get TLC, would I be able to drive for somebody else.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Red, thanks for your quick response. I live in nj, and do uber X part-time in NJ. Money was ok last year but now due to 1- lower per mile rate. 2- abundance of drivers it is not great.

Any advise? If I get TLC, would I be able to drive for somebody else.
Sign up with a black car base and do Uber part time. It's getting worse and worse with every new driver they onboard. I definitely wouldn't want doing Uber full time nowdays.

Reactions: Lepke

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I probably would not sign up with uber black because they (uber) will send uber x calls also and I will be providing black car service for $1.10 a mile in nj.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Sign up with a black car base and do Uber part time. It's getting worse and worse with every new driver they onboard. I definitely wouldn't want doing Uber full time nowdays.
Uber x full time is not good. I do it because I need it for the next 1-2 years but is not good. My 2014 sedan is already 45k miles and I don t make more then 700-800$ /week after all cuts. Is good money but my wife makes same money with a 45 hours/week M-F and just 100 miles a week for commute. I just change the front left axle kit twice. Once at 25k and another at 42k. All was under the warranty. Part time is a gold mine. Imagine to bring 1000-1500$ a month extra on top of your regular paycheck.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I probably would not sign up with uber black because they (uber) will send uber x calls also and I will be providing black car service for $1.10 a mile in nj.
That's what I'm saying. Find a Jersey based non-uber base like Newport, for example, sign up with them.
Then activate your Uber account as secondary choice and work for them only when it's surging or radio is completely dead.
That is if you definitely want to drive for a living which is a questionable choice now anyway. Good old days are gone.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I own 2 Uber Black Cars - earlier this year Uber set me up for "cross dispatch" where I can select Uber Black OR both Uber Black & UberX. When I open the app and choose - select vehicle on the top right - it lists my license plates -
OL2765 Which is Black only
OL2765+ which is both

This way I can choose depending on where I am - at the airport or the shore I will take UberX. In the rest of the state it is Black only.

I would advise emailing Support and ask for "cross dispatch"

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
By the way - I am looking for an experienced Uber driver with a 4.8 rating or higher in Monmouth County. My limo business is growing and I need some one who wants to do 3 airport runs a day in my cars for about $120 day. It will work out to a little over $15 hour and you don't have to wear a suit. Probably 3 or 4 days a week. Reply here if you are interested.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Let me ask you a question how long ago did they activate your app for black? The reason I'm asking is there is a clause when you accept the terms and conditions where you need to? if memory serves me write an email and opt out of binding arbitration.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dallas drivers resolved this issue after 4 days strike peacefully. Great news for all of us. Uber drivers in NJ and NY should also negotiate with Uber. I for the choice but not the inforce as i mentioned in the initial blog.

We'll done Dallas. Congratulation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts