Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
2,935 Posts
There is a theory, and at least anecdotal evidence to support it, that the machine that runs all this does tend to respond to our habits. For example if I tend to accept long rides the machine will tend to feed me any long rides that occur in my range over a driver who tends to ignore or reject long trips.

But that wouldn't be dependent on which app version we use. That's all server-side stuff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a theory, and at least anecdotal evidence to support it, that the machine that runs all this does tend to respond to our habits. For example if I tend to accept long rides the machine will tend to feed me any long rides that occur in my range over a driver who tends to ignore or reject long trips.

But that wouldn't be dependent on which app version we use. That's all server-side stuff.
I saw a topic with someone saying they had the new app and the algorithm was all off. I was wondering if they did a swipe of all their driver data in the servers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can verify this retrain app theory. I always suspected it too that it does infact send us pings to certain destinations based on our habits.

For example last year I was constantly sent home like less or bit more every hour. I was living in downtown. It would send me to santa monica and back for example.
All rides are from DT to SM

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Before the new app I received mostly shit pings. After the new app - mostly shit pings. App successfully retrained!
This post of yours did not have me spit and/or blow snot all over my laptop's screen, but it nearly did, and there have been other times where this has indeed happened. Your dark humour has been missed. Where have you been? What have you been doing?

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
This post of yours did not have me spit and/or blow snot all over my laptop's screen, but it nearly did, and there have been other times where this has indeed happened. Your dark humour has been missed. Where have you been? What have you been doing?
Must agree with this...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.