Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for my back ground to clear for over a month. Actually I applied at Uber after Lyft and have been driving for UBER for over a month so it has been at least 6 weeks waiting for LYFT to run a back ground check. I have sent numerous emails to Support and have not received a single reply. My question is does ANYONE answer emails or are all the support emails addresses listed on their websites just dead drops? Does anyone work for Lyft and why is it impossible to get any questions answered? I would like to know why in the time Lyft has taken to run a back ground check, I have gotten one ran by UBER and the US Navy to get me a pass to enter Norfolk Navel Station? Also is there any valid reason they do not answer any emails from applicants?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have been waiting for my back ground to clear for over a month. Actually I applied at Uber after Lyft and have been driving for UBER for over a month so it has been at least 6 weeks waiting for LYFT to run a back ground check. I have sent numerous emails to Support and have not received a single reply. My question is does ANYONE answer emails or are all the support emails addresses listed on their websites just dead drops? Does anyone work for Lyft and why is it impossible to get any questions answered? I would like to know why in the time Lyft has taken to run a back ground check, I have gotten one ran by UBER and the US Navy to get me a pass to enter Norfolk Navel Station? Also is there any valid reason they do not answer any emails from applicants?
Didn't you know? They're incompetent at pretty much everything, from running background checks to marketing! Fistbumps!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Maybe your mentor failed you.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Maybe your mentor failed you.
That would be my guess. My Uber application in Boston took 3 weeks and even then I kept getting emails saying I was "almost there!" But all the requirements were green lighted. Emailed and they said everything was on track, just wait and should get an acceptance email any day. Finally went into their office and a rep took my photo and I was good to go. Still don't know why it was held up.

Lyft I got my mentor ride in a couple days, background cleared in a week and on the road. So I'm not sure what the hang up with yours could be.
As for emails, I wouldn't use any address you find online, go through the website under their Help Center, choose applicant, and use the send us a message link at bottom.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New No one works at Lyft, I applied to Lyft going on 2 months ago and everything went through but the back ground. They told me normally 48 hours but can take 2 weeks. It is going on 2 months and during that time I was accepted by UBER, have been driving for over a month. Applied and was issued a concealed gun permit. Applied and was given clearance ( by Home Land Security)to drive unassisted on Norfolk Navel Base. Yet during that time after repeated emails to LYFT asking what is taking so long with my back ground check I have received one email with a clip and paste saying " It normally takes 48 hours but can take up to 2 weeks" No one knows what is happening there. And no one cares.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Post your question on the wall on their Facebook page - I wasn't getting any replies to my emails as well but did get an answer within a few hours after posting my question on their Facebook page.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts