Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email stating I could make a set amount of money based on the number of rides during my first week.

Thinking about going for 80 starting tomorrow. About 13 trips per day. I'm thinking about driving Monday -Saturday.

Does it matter how long (distance) the rides are?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Do you drive in the DC area?? I wonder how you got that email? Are you a new driver? Shouldn't matter how long the trip is.. The shorter the better I assume..

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Yeah is this the DC market?
80 trips is a lot
But no, that's the main thing I try to game durin gurantees. I try to get the shortest trip possible,to get the max gurantee per hour

But wheres the rest of the email? We need to see what the * means

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UberRalph I could drive throughout the DMV and yes I am new. I plan on starting tomorrow. I actually received a SMS message saying I qualify for guarantees based on the # of rides. I'm assuming if I do 80 short trips I will still qualify for the guarantees...

This is what I received....

Hi Jesse,

Congratulations and welcome to the Uber platform! As a new partner, you have the opportunity to earn more with guaranteed per trip gross fares your first week!

Trip Range* Guarantee**
10 - 24 trips $9.50 per trip
25 - 49 trips $10.50 per trip
50 - 79 trips $12.00 per trip
80 + trips $14.00 per trip
For example, complete 50 trips in your first week and we guarantee you will make at least $600 in gross fares.

Happy driving,
Your Uber DC Team

REQUIREMENTS
✓ Valid for one week after account activation time
✓ Only completed trips will qualify. Canceled trips will not.

*Only valid for trips completed within the first week of account activation**Guaranteed gross fares. This is the fare before the Uber fee and Safe Rides fee are deducted and can be found in the "trip history" tab of the UberPartner app.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ohhhhhh ok, you're new so they are giving you an incentive to drive more.. Thos guarantees don't last for too long... Mine stopped a couple weeks after driving for them..

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
When were you activated? Remember it's only for tha first week so make sure you have the exact dates down because uber guarantees are know to cause issues
Would stay in the city since you have a higher chance of short trips

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When were you activated? Remember it's only for tha first week so make sure you have the exact dates down because uber guarantees are know to cause issues
Would stay in the city since you have a higher chance of short trips
I have until the 10th to get those trips in...
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
That's basically 5 days since it ends Saturday morning. take advantage of it since they gave it to you. Just remember that's gross, so 50 rides would be $600 gross (guaranteed) minus $50 in safe ride fees and ubers 20% would be @$450 to you. Uber takes what you make then adds the difference of the guarantee if you didn't at least make $12 per trip (using 50 trips)
If you are going to do , why not start tonight and get a head start.
Good luck. Report back here how you do

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's basically 5 days since it ends Saturday morning. take advantage of it since they gave it to you. Just remember that's gross, so 50 rides would be $600 gross (guaranteed) minus $50 in safe ride fees and ubers 20% would be @$450 to you. Uber takes what you make then adds the difference of the guarantee if you didn't at least make $12 per trip (using 50 trips)
If you are going to do , why not start tonight and get a head start.
Good luck. Report back here how you do
I'm really thinking about it. Watching football at the moment and need to get off the couch. Lol... Thanks for the breakdown! Do you think I should start out in DC or stick around in Alexandria? Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
He meant is uber takes 20% as their cut, but we read about them starting to take 25% with new drivers. Do you know what ubers cut is for you? 20 or 25%?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts