Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
The metric that I am most interested in is driver acquisition and driver retention. If they want to double YoY, then this is the number that counts. All the numbers I've seen in the last 24-hours would indicate that this is where they need to focus all their energy as in some cases, net new additions remaining flat (or even going backwards)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly. In order to have that, they need to implement a system that makes the drivers profitable. Otherwise why do drivers waste their time, energy and resources just to make a minimum wage. The whole platform appears to be money-making from the outside, and based on the number of users. But, because of the extremely low rate and control over price, they are hurting the drivers. The problem is that they are so arrogant and dictators that they don't even want to hear from the drivers truthfully
except those puppet drivers who go the office and tell Uber emplyees how they are making a lot of money! Yes, that's right, I was there the other day and I hear these drivers going to the employees and telling them their story and I was amused, am like "are u UberX or what ? Am I in a different world here or is there a trick to making money on Uber Platform ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I took some advise from reading threads here. Last night I drove in Boulder area, and specifically only drove trips that were "surging", or else I was in non drive mode, or accepted and canceled. End of the night results with one ride given on Lyft and one $8 cash tip my take home pay between the two was $150. There were a total of 17 trips between UBER & Lyft, and completed trips were 11. Out of those 9 were surge trips, and surge accounted for $76.08, or over half of my total take home pay.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know if there are more people like you, Uber won't be abusing their control power ! good stuff I wish everyone becomes smart like you and use the system to their advantage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts