Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
You have ESP! I was literally on my way to post a thread - I’m seeing nowhere near others’ numbers, and it’s not improving. I just called it a day and gonna go get some sleep instead.

Granted, it’s the day after a holiday week-end, so slow is expected. But I’m frustrated generally. I know I’m not dumb. I follow everyone’s advice. Maybe it’s the area, but $180 for a full day is the best I ever did (and that’s with promos), mostly it’s $60-80.

I’m a bit ashamed I feel this whimpy today, but I can’t help it.

Sorry for whining. I promise I’ll suck it up.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
2 pickups, 2 deliveries, 38 minutes for $4.33
I'm ready to quit my day job!
View attachment 614354
Raleigh is most terrible market at this time I guess .Uber has best chance to insult its drivers in Raleigh nowadays because over saturated drivers and cheap customers with unethical Uber mentality brings everyone to most slaveric working conditions in small Raleigh market

·
Registered
437 Posts
I got stiffed. Was promised $27 for a pretty crappy trip (Buffalo Wild Wings was involved, so you can imagine), and got paid only $19. No way I’d take it for 19. Only 1 of the 2 tipped.

This sucks. I’m pretty pissed.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Is it normal for Uber to take half? It’s the first time it ever happened to me.

Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot Number
(This is pre-tip, and 3 miles, so no calling me stupid, please.)

·
Premium Member
9,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Totally normal when they can get away with it, they frequently do well on doubles. They do the same thing with passengers, grab as much as they can.

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,975 Posts
What does “if they can get away with it” mean? Can I stop them?
The only way to stop them is to cancel on the second part of a double. They charge both customers the full distance, and only pay you the total distance you drive.

In a very basic form:
Cust 1: 3 miles away.
Cust 2: 4 miles away, passing by Cust 1.

Cust 1 gets billed for 3 miles, Cust 2 gets billed for 4 miles, you only get paid for 4 miles.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The only way to stop them is to cancel on the second part of a double. They charge both customers the full distance, and only pay you the total distance you drive.

In a very basic form:
Cust 1: 3 miles away.
Cust 2: 4 miles away, passing by Cust 1.

Cust 1 gets billed for 3 miles, Cust 2 gets billed for 4 miles, you only get paid for 4 miles.
But that’s not how they routed me. I went in a loop. So it was actually more miles than the furthest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts