Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I grabbed a PAX form Dulles IAD to Aldi, VA after a 40 minute wait. I was there anyway dropping off like a ton of you.

On my way back from Aldi VA (in the boonies), I start getting pings from Dulles IAD! 19 minute out pings - wow. So I logged out and continued to Dulles, When I arrived at Dulles, the TNC parking lot was cleaned out. I logged in and got PAX in 30 sec.

Why in the world is Dulles NOT surging? Reston was a 1.7 at the exact same time the Dulles parking lot was cleared. So stupid. Why do we want to push drivers to Reston and blow off riders in Dulles?

Has anyone seen Dulles surge?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
It never surges at Dulles.

·
Registered
569 Posts
It never surges at Dulles.
I arrived at Dulles back in February during a snowstorm and no surge. Does DCA have surges? My guess is that the airports are 'protected' due to (more or less) predictable demand. Not saying that this is right...just offering an opinion.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I arrived at Dulles back in February during a snowstorm and no surge. Does DCA have surges? My guess is that the airports are 'protected' due to (more or less) predictable demand. Not saying that this is right...just offering an opinion.
DCA does surge, but only when it surges in Crystal City.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
DCA surges but its dialed down for sure. i mean i can be at the airport and get pings left and right in crystal city, and tur my app off. and 0 surge sometimes. then i see it 1.2 1.3 somties. its annoying i have to drive all the way to georgetown or arlington to grab a surge fare, meanwhile crystal city is pingign like carzy , same pings over and over obviously not getting drivers. not trying to waste time grabbing a crystal city bozo going 5$ reagan ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts