Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
I've done some reading, not alot. But the other cities around Australia .
I read, how low and how hard it is to make a dollar uber driving in the other cities.

Then hang on, WTF most times its almost double what we are making here in Perth.
Hey, stop spending our GST. We want that back!!! Lol
They make double and they cry yes :D From what I gather they use to make 900 dollars per night over the weekend now it reduced to 500 dollars same hour. Weekdays from their 12 hour shifts they are pulling in still $400 per day and yes they are complaining when you can't actually pull that money here lucky to even get $300 per day/night on a weekday. Around $400 absolute max per weeknight.

They do have a bigger population and yes more flexibility to earn higher. It goes to prove it doesn't matter what Rideshare companies pay either hundred dollars a day or a thousand dollars a day because drivers will always demand more $$ for less hours :oops: Due to higher rates they get paid compared to our ancient dirt rates here in Perth.

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
Yeah, I'm doing the $250 on average week day atm.
Yesterday was a bloody disaster, phone battery issue. Its done well to last over 5500 trips though.

I know the cost of living over there is more, but we cover more kms it seems.

Pitty i financed my car, I'd be off. Lol
I wonder if they were getting perth rates how much more whining they'll be doing over there :oops:

You can get battery replacement 20-30 dollars. But seeing as you had for over three years it time to get a new one because next part that going to go out won't be the battery. Certainly not going to be 30 dollars either :oops:

Melbourne rates 1.15 dollars Sydney rates 1.45 dollars per KM.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
They make double and they cry yes :D From what I gather they use to make 900 dollars per night over the weekend now it reduced to 500 dollars same hour. Weekdays from their 12 hour shifts they are pulling in still $400 per day and yes they are complaining when you can't actually pull that money here lucky to even get $300 per day/night on a weekday. Around $400 absolute max per weeknight.

They do have a bigger population and yes more flexibility to earn higher. It goes to prove it doesn't matter what Rideshare companies pay either hundred dollars a day or a thousand dollars a day because drivers will always demand more $$ for less hours :oops: Due to higher rates they get paid compared to our ancient dirt rates here in Perth.
Lol Biggest whingers are from the Sydney forum.They always complain how $1,000 a day, is not good enough.On the other hand, no one from Melbourne complains.They take the good with the bad.;):oops:;)

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
Lol Biggest whingers are from the Sydney forum.They always complain how $1,000 a day, is not good enough.On the other hand, no one from Melbourne complains.They take the good with the bad.;):oops:;)
you mean their $4000 dollars a week income for driving 60 hours is not enough for them sydney boys? :oops: those lads are struggling hard over there... I don't visit sydney forums much anymore i cannot relate to their high style driving lifestyle at all...

Seem like they are on a different planet altogether with their threads/topics. Like looking in from 3rd world to a 1st world and the problems you can't relate at all been in 3rd world situation and they all have 1st world problems :eek::rolleyes::oops: rest of us have 3rd world problems so just a waste of time reading their 1st world problems :D

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
you mean their $4000 dollars a week income for driving 60 hours is not enough for them sydney boys? :oops: those lads are struggling hard over there... I don't visit sydney forums much anymore i cannot relate to their high style driving lifestyle at all...

Seem like they are on a different planet altogether with their threads/topics. Like looking in from 3rd world to a 1st world and the problems you can't relate at all been in 3rd world situation and they all have 1st world problems :eek::rolleyes::oops: rest of us have 3rd world problems so just a waste of time reading their 1st world problems :D
And they lack a sense of humour.The only one who makes me laugh is fields.;):eek:

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
Still trying to get my head around. Same country, same laws, same job.
Then why are we not getting the same rates as Sydney?
sydney people are less willing to bend over for $h!t rates. Uber put the rates at what the drivers are willing to work at and sydney drivers are unwilling to work lower than 1.45 dollars per KM. In other words they were losing drivers faster than they could "recruit". The only way to retain them drivers was to up the rates to what is basically 45% higher than our wages :D Price is set on what attracts drivers from that city and growing the driver numbers.

They complain all the same about their low working conditions and how hard it was to make $500 dollars that day when that same day in that same year would of made almost a thousand. Anyways can't relate to their issues so i'm usually out of their threads :oops: They really are the upper class of society and demand better wages or they just walk.

Perth drivers have no qualms about working at 1 dollar a KM. Sydney drivers actually got a pay rise towards the end of the year of 2017. If Uber could they'll have flat 1 dollar a KM across the whole of australia like they did with Perth.

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
The rates in various cities pretty much track the taxi rates in those cities but in a way that will provide a discount on those rates when non-surge fares apply.
just that you can get two and a half ubers for the price of one taxi in perth so the "price tracking" isn't that good in this city :oops: usually it just the willingness of drivers to drive at these rates. I don't know how long for though :D

It really fast tracked the adoption to Ola though.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
sydney people are less willing to bend over for $h!t rates. Uber put the rates at what the drivers are willing to work at and sydney drivers are unwilling to work lower than 1.45 dollars per KM. In other words they were losing drivers faster than they could "recruit". The only way to retain them drivers was to up the rates to what is basically 45% higher than our wages :D Price is set on what attracts drivers from that city and growing the driver numbers.

They complain all the same about their low working conditions and how hard it was to make $500 dollars that day when that same day in that same year would of made almost a thousand. Anyways can't relate to their issues so i'm usually out of their threads :oops: They really are the upper class of society and demand better wages or they just walk.

Perth drivers have no qualms about working at 1 dollar a KM. Sydney drivers actually got a pay rise towards the end of the year of 2017. If Uber could they'll have flat 1 dollar a KM across the whole of australia like they did with Perth.
Lol.Trust me Sydneysiders do do a lot of bending over.Just ask george manousaridis :oops:

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
Depends on what type of pull:oops:Uber pull not yet.
you be flooded with requested soon enough hold in their for pool :D:oops:
ur savior around the corner...

Even though i think it just Uber way of cutting driver rates by a further 1/3 :rolleyes: dress it up as pool

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
you be flooded with requested soon enough hold in their for pool :D:oops:
ur savior around the corner...

Even though i think it just Uber way of cutting driver rates by a further 1/3 :rolleyes: dress it up as pool
True.I'm not doing any pull.;)

Has Neil White migrated to a new city?! :p
No still here.I think his planning an uprising.;)

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
I don't think i'm cool enough to be in Neils leadership group.;)He won't listen to me, or want me in his gang.:(
oh right i forgot you got thrown out of it :(

with the Apollo u used to be cool now you not statement. Hopefully you can mend things up :oops:

Reactions: Apollo
1 - 20 of 37 Posts