Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in Myrtle Beach, can someone tell me the pickup requirement for that airport. I ask in Myrtle Beach thread but no response. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have not driven since March but before that we were told we had to pickup in the short term lot and pay $7.00 to get out with a rider. There was one airport guy in particular that "policed" us. He would take an airport vehicle and kick us out of the cell lot (he always had the Uber app on and knew where active drivers were). He also would stand near where pickups were made in short term lot and radio ahead to parking attendent to make sure they charged us 7.00. I have heard that Uber had negotiated agreements with Charleston, Columbia.....but had yet had an agreement with Myrtle. Been a while, things could have changed

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Paulm. Yeah I found out. Talking about having no life. They said we could wait 20 mins in short term parking and wouldn't be charge if the pick up was before 20 mins. One state official also told me if they see you circling twice they could give you a ticket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can stay for 15 mins free or pay $2.00 for 1/2 hour and if that official is kinda heavyset and dark hair I would think it's the same one....Had many run-ins with him

·
Registered
11 Posts
The lack of legitimate standing area for Uber at the Myrtle airport is a concern, especially when I have had and have heard of cancellations by riders trying to get a bigger vehicle, XL for X price or 5 riders trying to squeeze into X to save money. These cancellations, especially after curbside discussions, causes a partner to attract attention and to have to circle. I also think some airport cab drivers have Uber now and may get ride assignment preference - anyone know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts