Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else here actually drives? I went for a bit of a look last night & no pings in over a hour. So went on my merry way. When I turned on the passenger app cars &cars and cars everywhere.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else here actually drives? I went for a bit of a look last night & no pings in over a hour. So went on my merry way. When I turned on the passenger app cars &cars and cars everywhere.
between about 8.30 and 10 tonight there wont be a lot of pings. then check the pax app and see where the cars are. I am sure you will find some at the On the Run in Pultney Street, and the one on West Terrace

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a birthday party to attend tonight won't be in any condition to drive. Will try next weekend once its legal.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I have a birthday party to attend tonight won't be in any condition to drive. Will try next weekend once its legal.
it will legal if your car is accredited and you have operators accreditation, Will have more info regarding that early next week

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And seeing as its 650 meters away I will have to book a uberx thats coming from 14 mins away for a $

·
Registered
409 Posts
I made roughly $20 an hour net taxi driving last night. Tips and the Ingogo comission take care of the gst which needs to be paid to the govt.

Did a couple of short cash jobs which are obviously not possible for uber drivers.

No tips with uber, no eftpos commission, no cash jobs and also when hindley street is pumping after midnight uber cars are screwed as they can't be hailed.

Taxis clearly have the advantage on Sat. night.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made roughly $20 an hour net taxi driving last night. Tips and the Ingogo comission take care of the gst which needs to be paid to the govt.

Did a couple of short cash jobs which are obviously not possible for uber drivers.

No tips with uber, no eftpos commission, no cash jobs and also when hindley street is pumping after midnight uber cars are screwed as they can't be hailed.

Taxis clearly have the advantage on Sat. night.
Taxis have the advantage all over

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I won't be driving Saturday night again anyway. I just got informed iam Starting a bread run every Saturday night midnight till 6am. $214 .mate wants Sundays off ^ I am happy to do it bread doesn't rate ir annoy me.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I only drove the funrides when they first launched last year for five weeks. Then I went interstate and just returned to Adelaide a week ago. I'm now trying to catch up on the progress here, Uber that is.

So do they still pay drivers by the hour or what? Is it still free rides for pax? I received emails from Uber during my time away but nothing is clear. Besides I didn't pay much notice because I wasn't sure if I would come back to Adelaide.

Don't know if it's worth driving for them again.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
I only drove the funrides when they first launched last year for five weeks. Then I went interstate and just returned to Adelaide a week ago. I'm now trying to catch up on the progress here, Uber that is.

So do they still pay drivers by the hour or what? Is it still free rides for pax? I received emails from Uber during my time away but nothing is clear. Besides I didn't pay much notice because I wasn't sure if I would come back to Adelaide.

They were doing guarantees while they were doing free rides for the first couple of weeks of course not so sure now but you might want to look at what 13CABS Yellows are doing. They are planning to integrate Ride Share into their fleet. They have a meeting explaining the plan at the West Adelaide football club on the 4th July it is by invitation but if you gave them a call I'm sure they could email something out.

I'm just hearing rumours of details. Base fee rather than commission (172$ per week) No mention of rates whether the same as cabs or not? Getting something though cabcharge set up in the car. No access work or account work along the the usual Ride Share restrictions. That could be a better deal than Uber if fares are a decent decent rate. I am just hearing these things second hand though but worth exploring?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Not worth it.not hourly just commission. There's a guarantee of $30 a hour minus 25% commission if you meet criteria. Not busy & too many drivers. Demands very poor. But if you are already aigned up see how you fare?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They were doing guarantees while they were doing free rides for the first couple of weeks of course not so sure now but you might want to look at what 13CABS Yellows are doing. They are planning to integrate Ride Share into their fleet. They have a meeting explaining the plan at the West Adelaide football club on the 4th July it is by invitation but if you gave them a call I'm sure they could email something out.

I'm just hearing rumours of details. Base fee rather than commission (172$ per week) No mention of rates whether the same as cabs or not? Getting something though cabcharge set up in the car. No access work or account work along the the usual Ride Share restrictions. That could be a better deal than Uber if fares are a decent decent rate. I am just hearing these things second hand though but worth exploring?
Flawed idea charging that much .majority of drivers only drive part time & a cost like that for 20 hours a week not worth it. Unless they are planning to do away with cabs & punp ridesharing business for full timers,?

·
Registered
327 Posts
[QUOTE="everythingsuber, post: commission (172$ per week)[/QUOTE]

You mean driver has to pay the taxi company $172/week for the previlige of driving? Don't understand.

·
Registered
327 Posts
[QUOTE="vanman79, post: 1217462, member: .majority of drivers only drive part time & a cost like that for 20 hours a week not worth it. [/QUOTE]

True, you can't rely on Uber driving to pay mortgage.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts

Definately worth looking into, but $170 a week sounds a little to much.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
[QUOTE="vanman79, post: 1217462, member: .majority of drivers only drive part time & a cost like that for 20 hours a week not worth it.
True, you can't rely on Uber driving to pay mortgage.[/QUOTE]
$2.2o base fee, $1.00 per kilometre and .40 cents a minute you cant rely on uber for much

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
[QUOTE="everythingsuber, post: commission (172$ per week)
You mean driver has to pay the taxi company $172/week for the previlige of driving? Don't understand.[/QUOTE]
Depends on earnings I guess. 1000 with Uber will cost you $250 of course it's Uber though :)

Insurance is still the killer though.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
You mean driver has to pay the taxi company $172/week for the previlige of driving? Don't understand.
Depends on earnings I guess. 1000 with Uber will cost you $250 of course it's Uber though :)

Insurance is still the killer though.[/QUOTE]
yellows can probably supply a blanket public liability coverage to cover drivers when app is on.
chauffeur and cab operators have to provide their own

·
Registered
327 Posts
My biggest concern is running my car to the ground. As others said the cost of replacing your own vehicle may outweigh the money earned from the rides.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts