Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically looking for the rates from September 2014, December 2014 cut, July 31 cut. Uber's email charts of all varieties of the service would be greatly appreciated. This os information for the upcoming article.

THANKS

·
Registered
23 Posts
September 2014:
Base Fare $1.50
Minute $0.30
Mile $1.90

December 2014:
Base Fare $1.00
Minute $0.19
Mile $1.30

July 2015
Base $1.00
Minute $0.18
Mile $1.10

Thanks to the way back machine!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
September 2014:
Base Fare $1.50
Minute $0.30
Mile $1.90

December 2014:
Base Fare $1.00
Minute $0.19
Mile $1.30

July 2015
Base $1.00
Minute $0.18
Mile $1.10

Thanks to the way back machine!
Do you have the uber generated breakdowns? This is good information, just need backup documentation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have the uber generated breakdowns? This is good information, just need backup documentation.
I got that from the Web Archive (web.archive.org/web). I am breaking down what fares have looked like during all three rates and calculating driver payouts... Standby.

·
Banned
276 Posts
FYI, I already sent some of that stuff to to Chase but it didn't have some of the 2014 stuff in there so def send that over. Just saying don't kill yourself looking for too much more because I probably already did it. Most of mine was comparing Austin to other cities though.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Also, I believe your December was actually January so that might be better labeled that way for continuity sake.

This chart is solid though, thanks for doing that! The comparison on the driver commission and changes in 4 mile ride....that's Gold Jerry....Gold!!!! :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Bar charts or no bar charts, there is certainly not a 100% uptick in demand to offset the 50% drop in pay.
Bad news for Uber X drivers.
The general public still thinks Uber drivers are making a killing. This is the type of chart that needs to be shared as much as possible.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Bar charts or no bar charts, there is certainly not a 100% uptick in demand to offset the 50% drop in pay.
Bad news for Uber X drivers.
The general public still thinks Uber drivers are making a killing. This is the type of chart that needs to be shared as much as possible.
The Good News for Uber drivers is that we aren't driving Cabs!!! Just imagine how pathetic THAT would be!!

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
The Good News for Uber drivers is that we aren't driving Cabs!!! Just imagine how pathetic THAT would be!!
You might not be smart enough to really understand this, but I'll try anyway.

If you drive people around for money, you're in the taxi/livery industry.

Since you're driving UberX, that means you are a ********* driver. There's nothing new about being a gypsy cabbie, Uber simply made an app that dispatches gypsy cabs.

Your car is now a cab, and the more strangers you drive around, the more your car will have that "cab smell".

Keep on knocking the taxi industry, one day maybe you'll figure out that there's more money to be made at $2.25 per mile than $1.10 per mile.

And don't come crying to me when Uber lowers the rate to $0.85 per mile. You know it's coming.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You might not be smart enough to really understand this, but I'll try anyway.

If you drive people around for money, you're in the taxi/livery industry.

Since you're driving UberX, that means you are a ********* driver. There's nothing new about being a gypsy cabbie, Uber simply made an app that dispatches gypsy cabs.

Your car is now a cab, and the more strangers you drive around, the more your car will have that "cab smell".

Keep on knocking the taxi industry, one day maybe you'll figure out that there's more money to be made at $2.25 per mile than $1.10 per mile.

And don't come crying to me when Uber lowers the rate to $0.85 per mile. You know it's coming.
Someone missed sarcasm 101...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts