Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive only been riving for a week but my friend tells me my map in the home button is supposed have a lightning bolt in the top right corner that i can click on to see the current range of surge pricing and the surge areas. I don't have that lightning bolt. Is this ability to see surge areas supposed to be unlocked after a certain amount of rides or acceptance rate. Or was it there since the beginning. I went to the uber office to inquire and they seemed clueless as always, suggested i updated my IOS which did nothing. This is annoying, i want to be able to pick up surge fares. Any advice?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ive only been riving for a week but my friend tells me my map in the home button is supposed have a lightning bolt in the top right corner that i can click on to see the current range of surge pricing and the surge areas. I don't have that lightning bolt. Is this ability to see surge areas supposed to be unlocked after a certain amount of rides or acceptance rate. Or was it there since the beginning. I went to the uber office to inquire and they seemed clueless as always, suggested i updated my IOS which did nothing. This is annoying, i want to be able to pick up surge fares. Any advice?
To look at the surge just follow the orange and red areas. The lightning bolt thing is useless.

·
Premium Member
64,462 Posts
You must EARN your lightening bolt.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah but I check those hours map never shows anything. 1 week straight even tho I check rider app to see if there's surges and it doesn't show it on the uber map.
What phone/service are you using ? It might be an issue with your connection. Sometimes I have that issue also. Turning off the uber app and reopening it sometimes helps.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm using iPad/ phone 6+ on T-Mobile. I tried that. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and nothing changes
That's weird. If you have a friend doing uber you can be on the phone with them and ask them if it's surging right now and check that with your own map. If the problem persists I'd suggest going to uber office again but this time explain the problem is not the lightning bolt but the surge heat map. Despite all that, if you're in a surge area and get a surge ride, it WILL show up when you're getting the request and you WILL be paid for the surge so it's not as big of an issue as you think. Though of course it is still a hassle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have done that and they send me screen shot of their map and looks nothing like mine. And yeah it is a hassle cus I don't want to bother them with that all the time but it's been twice already that they show me when it's surging. Thanks for the advice tho

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
I have done that and they send me screen shot of their map and looks nothing like mine. And yeah it is a hassle cus I don't want to bother them with that all the time but it's been twice already that they show me when it's surging. Thanks for the advice tho
App has been having glitches in terms of showing surge. If urs never show surge then something is definitely wrong.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts