Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your rights if you get work done at a reputable garage for a CLUTCH and FLYWHEEL, and after 35k and 11 months i sold the car to a friend, me and my friend went back to the garage and complain that there is an issue with it.

The owner of the garage agreed that there is an issue with the flywheel but questioned why it has been driven so much, 35k in 11 months?

What are your rights, should the warranty not be 1 year regardless of the mileage, and can you disclose that it has been used as a PHV or should you just deny it?

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
What are your rights if you get work done at a reputable garage for a CLUTCH and FLYWHEEL, and after 35k and 11 months i sold the car to a friend, me and my friend went back to the garage and complain that there is an issue with it.

The owner of the garage agreed that there is an issue with the flywheel but questioned why it has been driven so much, 35k in 11 months?

What are your rights, should the warranty not be 1 year regardless of the mileage, and can you disclose that it has been used as a PHV or should you just deny it?
How can you deny it's been used a ph , simple tfl check and your exposed.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Bet it's the old doesn't cover commercial vehicles warranty issue, get it few quid cheaper cos of that.

Bit like all those people that buy cars for PHV where the warranty doesn't cover commercial use and they have to take their stickers off with razor blades.. lol.. get you car fixed and screw up your rear demister matrix.

Some even try and blame NSL for damaging the matrix when they remove the stickers at inspection, that is until NSL point out the stickers have "cut outs" in the adhesive that mean the sticker never sticks to the matrix wires just the glass.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts

Depends on garage.
My garage gives 3 months warranty on labour and depends on spare parts warranty.

Clutch is like brake pads....oh they worn out after 35k miles. Can I have a new pads pls!!!

There are no warranty on parts that are exposed to wear and tear.

Flywheel is questionable and should last lot longer but then again depends on quality.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Garage told me then and now that they've only used genuine manufacturers parts.

But on the receipt it says next to Clutch that it is genuine but nothing next to the flywheel. Now he's saying I'll get back to you if the manufacturer is willing to pay part and labour!

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Warranty will be on the parts only so you will still need to pay labour to get it changed. If it was under 6 months then labour would have been covered. It is a bit of a grey area for PHV use as technically it is business use so usual consumer laws may not apply.

Try to find out where the flywheel was purchased from and see if they will exchange the faulty one under warranty or maybe refund you after you have purchased a new one and returned the old one since it seems like you don't have a choice but to get it changed anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,789 Posts

Most clutch and flywheels comes with a mileage limit on the Warranty.

They often have disclaimers about usage.

12k miles or 12 months seems about normal.

Warranty will be on the parts only so you will still need to pay labour to get it changed. If it was under 6 months then labour would have been covered. It is a bit of a grey area for PHV use as technically it is business use so usual consumer laws may not apply.

Try to find out where the flywheel was purchased from and see if they will exchange the faulty one under warranty or maybe refund you after you have purchased a new one and returned the old one since it seems like you don't have a choice but to get it changed anyway.
After 35k trouble free miles the flywheel was not supplied faulty.

But a flywheel (I assume DMF) can easily be damaged with harsh treatment, one of the biggest problems being in too high a gear a low.speed which introduces to much vibration to the DMF and it overheats.

The OP says he sold it to somebody else. They might not be blessed with mechanical sympathy.

You can knacker a clutch or DMF flywheel in days with abuse

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.