Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the document required for the F or T extension. I have just uploaded my new licence - the front side for the licence and the reverse side for the F extension (because it says quite clearly in black writing F extension). I have received a sms from the Uber office saying that is not good enough - they want the correct document.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Does anyone know the document required for the F or T extension. I have just uploaded my new licence - the front side for the licence and the reverse side for the F extension (because it says quite clearly in black writing F extension). I have received a sms from the Uber office saying that is not good enough - they want the correct document.
Its to prevent fraud. You could photo the front of your license and the back of your mates license who happened to have an F extention. They have been scammed before by drivers doing this so now they request a separate letter from DOT declaring that you have your F extension.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I believe you need to submit the letter they sent you ( or email depending on your preferred method of contact ) saying that your application has been approved

·
Registered
859 Posts
I recall receiving a letter from DOT confirming the F extension and sending that to Uber. U have gone a bit further by getting the plasticed license but clearly that confuses the boffins.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Its to prevent fraud. You could photo the front of your license and the back of your mates license who happened to have an F extention. They have been scammed before by drivers doing this so now they request a separate letter from DOT declaring that you have your F extension.
To be fair, it wouldn't be hard to knock up a counterfeit letter haha. The letterhead image is available on google, and the rest is shown in the above image, also from google :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok , I have found the answer.There is a page which details the only documents they accept.
You have to get a release of information letter from DOT. Which is a real pissoff because I was just at the joondalup office yesterday handing in the inspection certificate.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What are you saying? Are there really uber drivers without a proper licence?
There may be, I'm not sure. I'm just fairly proficient in the use of photoshop ( not that you'd need to be in this case ) and it'd be a matter of 5 mins to knock up a letter that looks like that. Of course it's not condoned, and everything should be done above board

·
Registered
121 Posts
To be fair, it wouldn't be hard to knock up a counterfeit letter haha. The letterhead image is available on google, and the rest is shown in the above image, also from google :p
What about the reference number which has been blocked out up the top right hand corner?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts