Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I got the quest to do 25 Rides for $30, or 50 rides for $60. I was going to be doing about 25 rides anyway, so I was looking forward to a free $30.

Part way through the weekend I'm on my other phone texting the girlfriend. She wants to know how much progress I've made. I use my second phone to take a picture of my Uber account, capturing my trip progress. Photo clearly shows I've done 16 trips, and at 25 trips I'll receive $30.

I get to 25 trips the following night. I don't receive the $30. I check the Quest, and it's now just showing tier 2, to do 50 rides for $60. I take a screen shot documenting I completed 25 trips on my quest counter.

I call up Uber and show them the documentation. They say it was a glitch in the system that switched the terms of the quest. They can not compensate me. I speak to a 'supervisor'. She's a broken record. They can not compensate me. It was a glitch in the system. They can not compensate me. I ask for a 'manager'. She gave me the same deal. "We are unable to compensate you for the quest you completed. Even though it must be frustrating, because it was a glitch in our system, we do not have the ability to change the amount you receive for this quest. It was a glitch in the system. We see the evidence. But we can not compensate you."

What is my recourse?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
This weekend I got the quest to do 25 Rides for $30, or 50 rides for $60. I was going to be doing about 25 rides anyway, so I was looking forward to a free $30.

Part way through the weekend I'm on my other phone texting the girlfriend. She wants to know how much progress I've made. I use my second phone to take a picture of my Uber account, capturing my trip progress. Photo clearly shows I've done 16 trips, and at 25 trips I'll receive $30.

I get to 25 trips the following night. I don't receive the $30. I check the Quest, and it's now just showing tier 2, to do 50 rides for $60. I take a screen shot documenting I completed 25 trips on my quest counter.

I call up Uber and show them the documentation. They say it was a glitch in the system that switched the terms of the quest. They can not compensate me. I speak to a 'supervisor'. She's a broken record. They can not compensate me. It was a glitch in the system. They can not compensate me. I ask for a 'manager'. She gave me the same deal. "We are unable to compensate you for the quest you completed. Even though it must be frustrating, because it was a glitch in our system, we do not have the ability to change the amount you receive for this quest. It was a glitch in the system. We see the evidence. But we can not compensate you."

What is my recourse?
I think the two phones logged into your driver account may have caused this "glitch" which was really just their overzealous fraud detection.

That's just my guess...

·
Registered
2,283 Posts

What is my recourse?
Threaten legal action. You have the proof. They made the offer. They legally have to pay you. It's not worth contacting a lawyer, but a strongly worded email to a supervisor, indicating you are willing to take action and you are not going away, may get your 30 bucks.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Threaten legal action. You have the proof. They made the offer. They legally have to pay you. It's not worth contacting a lawyer, but a strongly worded email to a supervisor, indicating you are willing to take action and you are not going away, may get your 30 bucks.
Or if you happen to drive by a GH might be worth to stop by and get your money and them a little more... someone mentioned getting a $5 gas card .. maybe they'll give you your money and one of those for your troubles ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts