Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber does NOT guarantee that UberPoo! pickup points will be legal. Furthermore, drivers are told NOT to change an UberPoo! pickup point, even if it is unsafe or illegal. And, if drivers get fined for pickup up UberPoo! passengers exactly as directed by Uber, the driver will be responsible for the fine.

Therefore, if you are directed to pickup an UberPoo! passenger in either a clearway or a no-standing zone, please provide address details and a screenshot (with no private details).

A list of illegal directives from Uber (if any occur) may be provided to Victoria Police and Minister Jacinta Allen for action. It is worth noting that Uber also does NOT guarantee that unaccompanied minors will be barred from UberPoo! Should a 17 y/o female unaccompanied minor be assaulted/groped by an adult male in the back seat, will Uber be sued or you?

ME
"With UberPool, can I call the rider and ask that they be picked up at another nearby spot rather than the UberPool pickup spot Uber directs me to?"

UBER "Please be advised that with uberPOOL, riders have opted to walk to a pickup spot that cannot be changed."

ME "Thank you. So I can have a safe day ahead, along with UberPool riders, what happens when Uber directs UberPool drivers to illegal pickup points such as Clearways and No Standing zones?"

UBER " Thanks for writing back. Please note that driver-partners must follow the rules of the road as well as applicable traffic laws."

ME "Will Uber pay for any parking/other fines incurred as a result of drivers NOT being about to change UberPool pickup points and picking up riders illegally as directed by Uber?"

UBER "You are responsible for resolving any incident that results from these violations, as we cannot assist with the payment of fees associated with moving or parking violations for your vehicle."

=====

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
everyone knows uberpool going to be the best thing that going to happen in the australian rideshare market place :oops: can't wait to start making them $$$.

Reactions: eXperiment and DA08

·
Premium Member
7,164 Posts
Uber does NOT guarantee that UberPoo! pickup points will be legal. Furthermore, drivers are told NOT to change an UberPoo! pickup point, even if it is unsafe or illegal. And, if drivers get fined for pickup up UberPoo! passengers exactly as directed by Uber, the driver will be responsible for the fine.

Therefore, if you are directed to pickup an UberPoo! passenger in either a clearway or a no-standing zone, please provide address details and a screenshot (with no private details).

A list of illegal directives from Uber (if any occur) may be provided to Victoria Police and Minister Jacinta Allen for action. It is worth noting that Uber also does NOT guarantee that unaccompanied minors will be barred from UberPoo! Should a 17 y/o female unaccompanied minor be assaulted/groped by an adult male in the back seat, will Uber be sued or you?

ME
"With UberPool, can I call the rider and ask that they be picked up at another nearby spot rather than the UberPool pickup spot Uber directs me to?"

UBER "Please be advised that with uberPOOL, riders have opted to walk to a pickup spot that cannot be changed."

ME "Thank you. So I can have a safe day ahead, along with UberPool riders, what happens when Uber directs UberPool drivers to illegal pickup points such as Clearways and No Standing zones?"

UBER " Thanks for writing back. Please note that driver-partners must follow the rules of the road as well as applicable traffic laws."

ME "Will Uber pay for any parking/other fines incurred as a result of drivers NOT being about to change UberPool pickup points and picking up riders illegally as directed by Uber?"

UBER "You are responsible for resolving any incident that results from these violations, as we cannot assist with the payment of fees associated with moving or parking violations for your vehicle."

=====
Screenshot of the convo or didn't happen .

·
Premium Member
7,164 Posts
I thought that you could stop in a no stopping zone for drop off or pick up ? Or is it different rules again f4o different states.? Screenshot doesn't say anything about calling pax to change pick up location unless i missed it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have been fined twice for picking up Uber passengers at pin locations the passenger chose. Given Uber now chooses pickup locations for UberPool drivers I think it only fair that Uber pay the fines if we are NOT allowed to change pickup locations.

BTW, Uber WILL send us to pick up minors, even though it voids Uber's own Contingent Liability Policy. Not all conversations were on my phone. Some were via the website, which came back as emails. (Sample attached.)

No stopping signs

If there is a 'no stopping' sign, you are not allowed to stop or park your car in, or partly in, that area for any reason. Dropping off or picking up passengers or goods in a 'no stopping' area is not permitted.

Clearways

You must not stop in a Clearway (length of road showing a 'clearway' sign) during the times and days shown on the sign.

The driver of a public bus or taxi may stop in a Clearway to drop off or pick up passengers.

Zones

Zone signs allow some vehicles park or stop in an area.

Loading zone

You can stop in a loading zone for up to 30 minutes (or as otherwise signed) if you are dropping off, or picking up goods or passengers and meet the following conditions.

People carrying goods must drive a:

• goods-carrying vehicle
  • courier or signed delivery vehicle
  • truck which is dropping off or picking up goods
People carrying passengers must drive a:

• bus or vehicle which has seating positions for 10, 11 or 12 adults (including the driver) that is being used to carry passengers for hire or reward
  • public bus
  • licensed commercial passenger vehicles such as taxis, hire cars or other special purpose vehicles
Other drivers must not stop in a loading zone, even if loading or unloading.

Truck zone

Only trucks with a gross vehicle mass over 4.5 tonnes can park or stop in a truck zone.
Bus zone

Only public buses can park or stop in a bus zone.

Taxi zone

Only taxis can park or stop in a taxi zone.

Permit zone

Only vehicles displaying a valid permit (issued by the relevant authority) can park or stop in a permit zone.

Works zone

Only vehicles involved in construction work in or near the works zone can park or stop in these zones.

Mail zone

Only postal vehicles can park or stop in a mail zone.

Safety zone

Safety zones are around trams stops so be alert for pedestrians. You are not allowed to park within 10 metres of a safety zone unless permitted by sign.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,164 Posts
BTW, Uber WILL send us to pick up minors, even though it voids Uber's own Contingent Liability Policy. Not all conversations were on my phone. Some were via the website, which came back as emails. (Sample attached.)

View attachment 235162 View attachment 235165
Uber won't know they underage as they (kids) lie about their dob... An underage tolde me thats what he did to get an uber account...

Btw in wa you can pick-up underage in rideshare ir taxi .. And yes i know uber has a policy regarding age...

Uber should ask for id proof for riders as well i reckon that will sort so many problems

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to print off all the parking signs to show people why I make them walk to get in my car. The above road rules for no stopping were from VicRoads for Melbourne, as this is a Melbourne forum. :)

·
Registered
3,230 Posts

ME

=====
...have asked uber same thing,got similar answer,uber told me-"as the holder of the driving license of my Country or State I'm expected to know the Laws and Road Rules and as an Independent Contractor is my discretion to accept a job as uber will not help either financially or legally if I brake the Law"...
...it is uber's Catch 22-...in order to not to be punish by Authorities obey the Law,but if you do.than uber will punish you....:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ScottieB Thank you for your insights. It is good to know 90% here will not be doing UberPoo!. The 10% whom you claim can't read might benefit from the above pictures of the parking signs.

Bus drivers have legal pickup and drop off points and do what they are told. Uber wants us to drive like bus drivers and do what we're told, yet dodges answering questions relating to the road laws. If I'd wanted to be a bus driver I wouldn't be bothered getting an education.

And whilst I am a new member, I have >3000 Uber trips to pay my bills whilst I study to improve my future. Being a low paid bus driver (UberPoo!) might be fine for some, yet is NOT what rideshare drivers signed up for.

You forgot 2 things Mr new member 90% here won't do poo and the other 10% can't read. The 10% who can't read will pull up on a tram track to pickup pax, take minors and kids under 7 without booster seats all for a $7.00 trip.

·
Premium Member
9,557 Posts
ScottieB Thank you for your insights. It is good to know 90% here will not be doing UberPoo!. The 10% whom you claim can't read might benefit from the above pictures of the parking signs.

Bus drivers have legal pickup and drop off points and do what they are told. Uber wants us to drive like bus drivers and do what we're told, yet dodges answering questions relating to the road laws. If I'd wanted to be a bus driver I wouldn't be bothered getting an education.

And whilst I am a new member, I have >3000 Uber trips to pay my bills whilst I study to improve my future. Being a low paid bus driver (UberPoo!) might be fine for some, yet is NOT what rideshare drivers signed up for.
3000 trips, screen shot?

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
You forgot 2 things Mr new member 90% here won't do poo and the other 10% can't read. The 10% who can't read will pull up on a tram track to pickup pax, take minors and kids under 7 without booster seats all for a $7.00 trip.
...and the other 15% can't understand maths.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was informed by my local member in Brisbane that they have a committee looking into parking spaces for rideshare. (Wait for next installment coming 2020). I was also informed that I could use Taxi Zones if I paid the council $950/yr. An Uber in a Taxi Zone in a city on a Saturday night, that would be something.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts