Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox...es_the_company_s_move_from_taxis_towards.html

Uber Is Experimenting With a Service in Manhattan That's Cheaper Than the Subway
On Tuesday afternoon, Uber will begin offering a limited number of prepaid, multiweek passes to Manhattan commuters willing to share rides with other passengers. It's another step in the company's journey from taxi competitor to something akin to mass transit-one that, for a moment at least, puts Uber's services in price competition with New York's subways and buses.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Yes, they should. It's already too late, there's an article that confirms that TTC ridership is way down this year.

And it's only downhill for TTC from here.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Remember ultimately Uber operates in the city only if municipal, provincial gov allow it too. Impoverishing the ttc isnt going to endear them to these people. Taking on mass transit directly is a stupid project, at least at this time. Theres no profit margin, it will antagonize gov, and bad for the environment. This is what happens when you only chase growth and sell fantasy to investors. Only makes sense in uber pyramid economics.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm sure that many of my passengers would have previously had to take TTC since in their words taxis are too expensive. TTC for sure losing business to Uber and other technology (eg work from home). Uber for sure will always be pushing the boundaries of eating TTC business, taxi pie is not big enough for them .

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm sure that many of my passengers would have previously had to take TTC since in their words taxis are too expensive. TTC for sure losing business to Uber and other technology (eg work from home). Uber for sure will always be pushing the boundaries of eating TTC business, taxi pie is not big enough for them .
There is a proverb; the frog spits out (vomits) water when it takes in too much of it. If Uber attempts to rub it in for the TTC they'll be undoing themselves. That's gonna be auto antagonistic

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Nope, they shouldn't be worried. Considering that they're already struggling trying to figure out how to get more drivers, they will lose a lot more drivers. I don't do pool at all and uber thinking I'll be driving for 3$ flat rates, they out their mind. They can pull this shit in the states where the minimum wage is like 6$
Not in Toronto, where you can work a pretty entry job like security and make 13-14/hour

1 - 6 of 6 Posts