Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure this has been covered already on this board, but what do you guys do when you get a ping to Accept someone who's already Canceled (or didn't show up) on you before??

Had this happen the other night: Accepted a Ping from a Pax, who immediately Canceled. I shrugged, kept driving. Within 1 minute later, I got another Ping, the same Pax.

I was hesitant to Accept the Ping the 2nd time, but did so, so that my Acceptance Rate wouldn't go down (and we know that if your Acceptance Rate goes down too low, you can be deactivated). Yet once again, they Canceled.

Sure we've all dealt with this before, needless to say, it's a little frustrating. Obviously a Pax might be Cancelling the first time because they weren't ready, don't quite know how to use the app and meant to order a Line or a Plus, it could be because they don't like the car you drive (but are too cheap to order a Lyft Premier). It could also just be because they simply don't like your face, race, or gender (I did have a Pax one time who said he Canceled on female drivers; I don't remember the reason he gave). I suppose that's their prerogative.

But there's always the risk that if they don't Cancel the 2nd time, they could passive-aggressively/negatively rate you for whatever reason they Canceled the 1st time-- i.e., his car was old, he was white, he was black, she was a she, etc-- granted, I suppose if they are biased enough to put Comments like these, we have grounds to protest them.

I suppose the same "issue" sort of applies if you're asked to re-Accept pax who you already had to Cancel because they didn't show up on time (as in, if their time ran out). Obviously, if they've already been charged a $5 Cancellation fee from you Cancelling, THEN are matched with you again, they're probably not gonna be happy and are going to say as much in their star-rating/Comments.

Still, do you let that bother you?? Do you just re-Accept people even after they've/you've Cancelled on you already?? Sorry for the long post.

·
Premium Member
11,591 Posts
For me, it depends on the nature of the cancellation.

In my market, Lyft drivers and Lyft pax are much less numerous than Uber. So a lot of experienced pax will request Uber and Lyft at the same time and take whichever one is closer. That's one type of cancellation, but it's pretty impossible to identify.

My vehicle is both regular Lyft and Plus/Premium. Sometimes pax mistakenly order Plus or Premium, probably have a stroke when they see the fare, and immediately cancel and order regular. That's easy to spot, and a harmless error, so I accept the second ping.

Some pax order Lyft expecting a 15 minute ETA. I accept with a one-minute ETA and they quickly cancel because they are not ready. Easy to identify because of the short ETA. If they request again, I usually do not accept because I know they're not ready.

I guess if one wanted to "play" the system, they could accept Line pax they felt were not ready to have a better shot at collecting the cancellation fee. I don't play those kind of games.

Line pax -- I don't accept previous cancelers, nor do I accept pax I have canceled no-show because they weren't ready. Not giving a low-fare ride the benefit of the doubt, especially if they've no-showed previously, because nothing good would come from that ride. But I'm much more selective on accepting Line pax anyway.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If they cancelled immediately after I accept I will let them keep cancelling and raising my acceptance rate.

If I had to cancel as a no show and I collected my $5, I would not accept them again. They have already wasted my time and I already got paid by them. No need to have ano already pissed off pax in my car.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Sure this has been covered already on this board, but what do you guys do when you get a ping to Accept someone who's already Canceled (or didn't show up) on you before??

Had this happen the other night: Accepted a Ping from a Pax, who immediately Canceled. I shrugged, kept driving. Within 1 minute later, I got another Ping, the same Pax.

I was hesitant to Accept the Ping the 2nd time, but did so, so that my Acceptance Rate wouldn't go down (and we know that if your Acceptance Rate goes down too low, you can be deactivated). Yet once again, they Canceled.

Sure we've all dealt with this before, needless to say, it's a little frustrating. Obviously a Pax might be Cancelling the first time because they weren't ready, don't quite know how to use the app and meant to order a Line or a Plus, it could be because they don't like the car you drive (but are too cheap to order a Lyft Premier). It could also just be because they simply don't like your face, race, or gender (I did have a Pax one time who said he Canceled on female drivers; I don't remember the reason he gave). I suppose that's their prerogative.

But there's always the risk that if they don't Cancel the 2nd time, they could passive-aggressively/negatively rate you for whatever reason they Canceled the 1st time-- i.e., his car was old, he was white, he was black, she was a she, etc-- granted, I suppose if they are biased enough to put Comments like these, we have grounds to protest them.

I suppose the same "issue" sort of applies if you're asked to re-Accept pax who you already had to Cancel because they didn't show up on time (as in, if their time ran out). Obviously, if they've already been charged a $5 Cancellation fee from you Cancelling, THEN are matched with you again, they're probably not gonna be happy and are going to say as much in their star-rating/Comments.

Still, do you let that bother you?? Do you just re-Accept people even after they've/you've Cancelled on you already?? Sorry for the long post.
Nope.I put my phone on airplane mode if I continue to get their request

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Nope, one cancellation per rider.

PS - you cannot be deactivated for a low acceptance rate.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I only accept re-pings when it's clear that (1) the pax is shitfaced and (2) they won't make the second pickup attempt either, and (3) I feel like going for the double no show fee. Otherwise, no.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts

If it is a low rated customer just let it pass. If you are only 90% acceptance better take it you don't want to loose any bonuses. I had one this morning 4/10ths away from pickup, new customer hit the wrong key but he also got hit with $5.00 charge as well.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Well happened to me few times, pax cancelled rit away and requested again but i still accept it and pick em up, i don't over think it or take it so personally that why they cancelled and re requested it .
Be positive ✌

·
Registered
395 Posts
If I already got a cancel fee and made the call to their phone and no one answered I have no problem accepting if they re request. Most of them take the blame and say sorry for not being out on time. If they are pissed at me oh well I can care less about the 1 star I know I'm getting. Rather pick em back up and make the money. Although when I was there the first time the good thing about lyft is you can see the destination. If it was a crappy destination I'm not going back to pick them up.

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
you're being played. people order during prime time, then they cancel and reorder to avoid prime time.

or they order uber and lyft simultaneously and see which is closer. uber was closer, so lyft canceled. then maybe uber driver cancelled on them so they reorder lyft.

don't let yourself be played

1 - 11 of 11 Posts