Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just dropped off someone to the LAS Airport from Rio. Told them I couldn't but they pleaded. It was 11:26pm when they got in my car and their flight was for 12:20am. I was so nervous, can't afford a ticket. However when I got there, no one was at the airport to even notice. So night driving to LAS might not be so bad. I would try to avoid it though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking at the App right now there's a ton of drivers sitting around. Strip and downtown are just pileup of drivers. Too many after work night drivers already?
Where on the app can you see where drivers are? Is this the driver app or the rider app?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I bought a $10 smart phone on Amazon with no service. Then I setup my regular phone with hotspot and then just did Wifi only on the new phone. So now I can have both side by side and see the dozens of other cars surrounding me. Kind of funny trying to pick out the other Uber on the road that either passed you going the other direction or is waiting at the same light as you.....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Where on the app can you see where drivers are? Is this the driver app or the rider app?
Go offline when you clear remove the sign ant inform the passanger so if someone asks to say they are your friends.
If you are so scared go to passanger pick up or zero level and drop them off where the buses and limos park

·
Registered
50 Posts
Don't be afraid to get ticket at airport! Only $50 if paid within 10 days. Upload the ticket to Uber and they will pay you back. No need to worry. I have received 8 tickets this week and uber has refunded me 7 so far. The 8th will be refunded tonight. Stop being afraid. It only takes 2 minutes to get ticket, another 2 minutes to pay it and another 2 minutes to upload it. 6 minutes of time vs turning down a ride!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good advice Nick. I also recommend one more two minutes process. Call Sherrie Jackson at McCarran and file your appeal. She can be reached at 702-261-3086 (see https://ebusiness.mccarran.com/ebusiness/cmn/displaytext.aspx?type=FAQ). She'll deny your appeal without any real process, but at least get it on the books. And request a written denial, which she will also refuse. These are both a violation of your rights that even if you do nothing about now, they could be used later to make you some additional cash if Uber decides to sue.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I bought a $10 smart phone on Amazon with no service. Then I setup my regular phone with hotspot and then just did Wifi only on the new phone. So now I can have both side by side and see the dozens of other cars surrounding me. Kind of funny trying to pick out the other Uber on the road that either passed you going the other direction or is waiting at the same light as you.....
Nice trick, I need to use that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't be afraid to get ticket at airport! Only $50 if paid within 10 days. Upload the ticket to Uber and they will pay you back. No need to worry. I have received 8 tickets this week and uber has refunded me 7 so far. The 8th will be refunded tonight. Stop being afraid. It only takes 2 minutes to get ticket, another 2 minutes to pay it and another 2 minutes to upload it. 6 minutes of time vs turning down a ride!
Do you get points on your license?

·
Registered
170 Posts
It is a civil parking infraction, not a moving violation. Accordingly there are no points. And like any other parking ticket, they are not written by police officers, you do not have to show ID (nor do they even ask). It's just a ticket with a license plate number.

And unlike a ticket you might get from a cop, where you'd have the right to plead your case to a judge, this ticket is rubber stamped by a low level employee without any appeal rights. You'd have to sue them to appeal it.

Fortunately for us, the county employees are violating the law by demanding you wait even 1 second while they write it. This creates harm which is your grounds for a lawsuit. But the time, energy, effort and cost of going this route make this pretty prohibitive, which is why they feel comfortable ignoring the law.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts