Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I send a text upon arrival and usually start the trip if/when the pax responds to my text.

If they complain just remind them that you are working and your time is valuable. Then shame them for keeping you waiting and for not tipping (their minds will be blown when you're able to accurately predict that they were not going to tip you).

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
Always hit Arrive and send a text: Uber out front. Thanks

Never start trip until everyone shows up and you are certain you want to take the trip with what shows up.

ADD: Your priority is to get the passenger/s out to your ride asap. Determine they are drivable, and Start Trip. If you drive 10-20 Trips per shift - saving 1-2 minutes per pick up (by notifying them you are out front) saves you 20-30 minutes of waiting per shift and adds 2-3 more Trips to your shift.

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
What I actually meant was, "auto arrive" vs "manual arrive" and the pros and cons of either.
Understood. The Auto Arrive does not always notify the Passenger, even though it will say "Rider Has Been Notified."

Almost half the time my passengers say, Thanks for the text, Uber said you were still 2 minutes away.

ADD: That is typically because Data/WiFi is not as reliable as SMS (Text).

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Understood. The Auto Arrive does not always notify the Passenger, even though it will say "Rider Has Been Notified."

Almost half the time my passengers say, Thanks for the text, Uber said you were still 2 minutes away.

ADD: That is typically because Data/WiFi is not as reliable as SMS (Text).
So hit arrive two minutes before the pickup point? Could work.

·
Premium Member
3,125 Posts
I call if they arnt out already. I find that they don't get the notification until it's too late or on a few occasions I come over to find out server lag caused me to get the ping and they are already gone for 20 mins.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts