Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to cancel on some pax today. They called me and told me that they were in the pool and were wet, and that they had towels. My car is leather interior, and I cancel. Seems like a lot of drivers were around the area and they kept canceling on them too since I kept getting the same request over and over. Looks like they were also going a few blocks away since they said it wasn't far.
I felt bad, but I'm not letting anyone who is wet or damp from the pool or the beach. I don't care if they have towels or not. My car is worth more than a 10 dollar ride.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Had to cancel on some pax today. They called me and told me that they were in the pool and were wet, and that they had towels. My car is leather interior, and I cancel. Seems like a lot of drivers were around the area and they kept canceling on them too since I kept getting the same request over and over. Looks like they were also going a few blocks away since they said it wasn't far.
I felt bad, but I'm not letting anyone who is wet or damp from the pool or the beach. I don't care if they have towels or not. My car is worth more than a 10 dollar ride.
And if they're at the beach then there's the 45 minutes it will take to vacuum up all the sand! Ugh! No thanks!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I picked up a dad and son at a local community pool, was about to 2 star them but he gave me 7$ tip becuz he said no one else would puck them up. So he got 5 star do to tip rule.

Then picked a a women at the lake she wasn't wet but it was so much trouble to pick her up at the lake she did get 2 stars.

If i had the chance to do it again. I doubt i would do beaches or lakes or pools.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm located in San Diego, CA and I pick up people from the beaches all the time. I have a 2015 Ford Fusion Energi with leather. I carry two large bath towels in my trunk and place them on my seat when the pax enter the vehicle. Those of you who don't pick up pax because they are a bit damp, get creative ! Your missing out on revenue. I have all weather floor mat's made of rubber, just shake them off when the pax leaves the car. I also carry a damp Microfiber to wipe my seats and door panels. The process only takes a minute or two, I have it down to a science. It's only water, not acid rain !

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I have leatherette in my car. Windex cleans it up in 2 min.

I did pick up a family of 4 from pool last night. Only the kids were semi wet, so cleaning the seats was no biggie. They were awesome parents, so gave them 5 stars.

Im not touching PAX from beach, sand is a ***** to clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts