Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My suv got a nail stuck in treads in the rear passenger side tire. I wouldn't have noticed it except for the flat tire I woke up to this morning. I tried to use a patch kit but only made it worse, dayum! The rubber thread wouldnt go deep enough into the tire, now I just have a mound of putty barely keeping the hole sealed.

Do you guys repair your own tires or get it patched at the shop? How much you pay for that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Heres a tip: if its a small whole then go ahead and risk patching it. It should cost like $10 but theres a better alternative. I go to a shop that sell used tires. I get them for $30 each and they are pretty good quality so find a used tire shop around u

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
My suv got a nail stuck in treads in the rear passenger side tire. I wouldn't have noticed it except for the flat tire I woke up to this morning. I tried to use a patch kit but only made it worse, dayum! The rubber thread wouldnt go deep enough into the tire, now I just have a mound of putty barely keeping the hole sealed.

Do you guys repair your own tires or get it patched at the shop? How much you pay for that?

Thanks!
Houston is full of construction and bad roads. Nails and other junk go with construction. I've blown out tires on potholes and debris.

If you buy your tires at discount or some other places you can get a road hazard warranty for about $17 per tire. I've found that in Houston it's worth it. I've hardly ever made it through a set of tires without one being damaged beyond repair or having many holes patched.

If you buy the tires elsewhere or buy a new car you can still buy the warrant at discount. I did it when I bought my last car and the one before. The previous one I got 2 tires replaced before 40,000 miles. This car is at 20,000 and I've had 3 patches from nails already.

Even if you don't have the warranty discount will do free flat repairs in an effort to get your business much of the time. Never hurts to ask.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Houston is full of construction and bad roads. Nails and other junk go with construction. I've blown out tires on potholes and debris.

If you buy your tires at discount or some other places you can get a road hazard warranty for about $17 per tire. I've found that in Houston it's worth it. I've hardly ever made it through a set of tires without one being damaged beyond repair or having many holes patched.

If you buy the tires elsewhere or buy a new car you can still buy the warrant at discount. I did it when I bought my last car and the one before. The previous one I got 2 tires replaced before 40,000 miles. This car is at 20,000 and I've had 3 patches from nails already.

Even if you don't have the warranty discount will do free flat repairs in an effort to get your business much of the time. Never hurts to ask.
Good advice, thanks!

·
Registered
435 Posts
^ I'd heard they could come out, whereas a patch stays inside permanently. But looking further, I see plugging vulanizes to the rubber and is safe.
I change my answer. Sorry for the misinformation everyone!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Take it to merchants for like $20 they do not right and you don't have to worry. Even the dealer only charges $25. Why worry if you do it right or not with something so important

1 - 9 of 9 Posts