Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys give great advice. So grateful for this website otherwise I would go crazy trying to make a little extra money. I've wised up and stopped expecting pools. I couldn't believe how much more I was making after doing that. It was like someone flipped on a switch. Now I drive only when it surges and I know it's gonna be busy. That is the only time I'll let a pool slide (gotta be 2.0x at least). My rating for acceptance floats between 60% + 70%. If it's not busy it's literally crickets and I'm assuming it's because of my rating. Therefore I don't even bother but I'm wondering is that the reason why? Is it smarter to only drive during surge?

·
Registered
69 Posts
i drive 20 minutes south of atlanta (ZERO surge) and still make $18 an hour. Secrets-(1) know your area and try to stay within that area. (2) Pick a couple of busy bars or restaurants and park by them. (3) download the passenger app and open it frequently to see if a bunch of other drivers are right by you (if there are then move to another less crowded spot) (4) NEVER accept POOL requests (5) NEVER accept a request more than 7-8 minutes away. There are more but these are some of the best ones

·
Registered
132 Posts
Edited. Should read "get me driving."

If you're not familiar with the hourly guarantees, basically you meet certain requirements and you'll get a certain hourly rate.

Boost is like guaranteed surge, but typically only for pickups in specific areas. IE, Midtown pickups only for guaranteed 1.2x boost.

2nd Edit: Noticed your username... You already know this crap! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Edited. Should read "get me driving."

If you're not familiar with the hourly guarantees, basically you meet certain requirements and you'll get a certain hourly rate.

Boost is like guaranteed surge, but typically only for pickups in specific areas. IE, Midtown pickups only for guaranteed 1.2x boost.

2nd Edit: Noticed your username... You already know this crap! :D
I really don't pay attention to the guarantees anymore. Had some bad experiences. The boost is cool.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I really don't pay attention to the guarantees anymore. Had some bad experiences. The boost is cool.
I believe it... Almost had my lowest-rated pax ever today, a 4.21...! Thankfully, he failed to present himself where he'd dropped his pin.

That reminds me of why I hate guarantees... You basically can't pick and choose your pings. I'm still doing well for making all the ones I've attempted this week, at least!

·
Registered
924 Posts
If I'm in a surge area great and I get a ping then yeah I'll take it 95% of the time, also I decide on the rate of the surge as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts