Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fed up with Ubers lack of fairness when it comes to cancellations. They are guilty of contributing to making drivers break the law and Ubers' own rules. Currently I have a zero cancellation rate with over 800 rides only because I have to make the rider cancel etc. I shouldn't have to. I try to do the right thing but Uber forces me to play games.

If drivers follow the rules and cancel rides when they find out that the rider is underage or have no child seat, they will be charged with a cancellation because Uber doesn't have a way to tag the cancellation of "no child seat, underage rider, safety concerns etc." Because of that, drivers are inclined to drive riders that they shouldn't. Cancellations can be a reason for getting "fired". Uber should make it possible to cancel rides that do not comply with laws or Uber rules. Uber puts it all on the driver. If you agree, let Uber know about it...oh, I forgot, there is no way to do that is there. They have stopped reading emails (email support). Some day all this cr* p is going to bite them in the a**

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lmao. You are so overthinking it. I have 2800 trips and constantly have a 20-30% cancel rate. They will botch and complain but I tell them the same thing. What is your commission on 0 trips? Because if it's a problem I'll just switch to one of my other gig jobs. They say OK and that's all. Same with pool. I told them they are making your customers wait longer because I'm either declining them or accepting and cancelling instantly. After doing that for a week guess what. No more pools and no moresponsibility sending text and emails about my cancellation rate. Problem is to many drivers are scared to speak up.

I treat Uber like anyone trying to steal from me in the streets. If you don't like it deactivate me. You will send me a come back offer with 2 weeks anyway. With better incintives also. I had one that said if I come back and do 80 trips a week for a month I'd get the reg quest bonuses plus another 500 a week. Just treat them like the shot company they are. And don't take no for an answer.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I am fed up with Ubers lack of fairness when it comes to cancellations. They are guilty of contributing to making drivers break the law and Ubers' own rules. Currently I have a zero cancellation rate with over 800 rides only because I have to make the rider cancel etc. I shouldn't have to. I try to do the right thing but Uber forces me to play games.

If drivers follow the rules and cancel rides when they find out that the rider is underage or have no child seat, they will be charged with a cancellation because Uber doesn't have a way to tag the cancellation of "no child seat, underage rider, safety concerns etc." Because of that, drivers are inclined to drive riders that they shouldn't. Cancellations can be a reason for getting "fired". Uber should make it possible to cancel rides that do not comply with laws or Uber rules. Uber puts it all on the driver. If you agree, let Uber know about it...oh, I forgot, there is no way to do that is there. They have stopped reading emails (email support). Some day all this cr* p is going to bite them in the a**
Don't get angry at Uber. It's pointless.... like being angry at the wind for blowing too hard.

Just no show the non-transportables, collect the fee for it and move on to the next job.

·
Registered
72 Posts
T
Point well taken. I guess I just want to do a good job and Uber makes it impossible..Onward and upward..
I get it that's how I was when I started. You can do a good job by making the most money you can for your family with as least hours as possible. Doing anything for uber or the riders sake won't make you money. Personally I'm on x. And only do surge trips. No need to worry about any one but ourselves. Show uber and treat them like they treat us. Like shit. Once you turn the page and not care anymore that's when you truly make money. Screw uber and riders demand. You want this ride or not. I'm like the city bus. Get your ass in or I'm cancelling and keep moving. This was the last day I drove for uber. No surge no ride mindframe with me.
Font Screenshot Technology Number Rectangle

·
Registered
566 Posts
San Francisco drivers have it made compared to the rest of the country. High population density, better rate card and more surges.

Trying to do the right thing driving for Uber is kind of a lost cause. The times I got screwed the hardest was when I was trying to do the right thing. Once I quit caring not only was driving a better experience but my ratings went up. 67% was the lowest my acceptance rate ever and that's because I started acting like a French monarch. Begone with you! You shall not share this carriage vile underling! The faintest whiff of ******baggery and I'd cancel them. I became the Uber Nazi. No ride for you!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Point well taken. I guess I just want to do a good job and Uber makes it impossible..Onward and upward..
Now you're talking kid.... don't worry so much.
Also make sure pax cancels so you get your fee. I explain to idiots at least once a week how dumb they are trying to stuff 7 in my XL.... talk down to them it gets the point across.
Uber on and Lyft up!

·
Registered
139 Posts

So you illegally cart around underage kids and baby's without car seats? Hahahahhaaa. You do realize, if something were to happen, its 100% on the driver. Jesus Christ, u people hahaha

·
Registered
474 Posts
If drivers follow the rules and cancel rides when they find out that the rider is underage or have no child seat, they will be charged with a cancellation because Uber doesn't have a way to tag the cancellation of "no child seat, underage rider, safety concerns etc." Because of that, drivers are inclined to drive riders that they shouldn't.
Uber does have a way to tag a cancellation, and we are forced to tag it (or give a reason) every time we cancel, that is why the screen comes up asking why we are cancelling

The real problem here isn't that they don't have a way to tag it, it's that they don't bother to read the tag we attach to it

For example, say we wait our 5 mins and cancel as no show, we tag it as a no show when we cancel it, all Uber gets from it is "Driver cancelled after five minutes and did not choose the do not charge rider tag, give driver $3.75 and write up driver for cancellation"

As for what options are on that "tag" screen, while I don't remember if "no car seat" was an option, I can assure you "underage rider" and some safety ones are indeed on that list, I have seen those options myself

·
Premium Member
64,226 Posts
San Francisco drivers have it made compared to the rest of the country. High population density, better rate card and more surges.

Trying to do the right thing driving for Uber is kind of a lost cause. The times I got screwed the hardest was when I was trying to do the right thing. Once I quit caring not only was driving a better experience but my ratings went up. 67% was the lowest my acceptance rate ever and that's because I started acting like a French monarch. Begone with you! You shall not share this carriage vile underling! The faintest whiff of ******baggery and I'd cancel them. I became the Uber Nazi. No ride for you!
Love your attitude !
Begone with you ,!
Wonderful feeling isn't it ?

Meh......I'm Uber's b***ch cuz I lease. Oh well.
Get back to work !

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Does Uber send you guys deactivation emails/texts with cancellations at 30%?

I was getting deactivation emails/texts at 16% or does the market vary?
My cancel rate was at 60% the other day.

When I CANCEL I always explain to support why. Unaccompanied minor, no car seat, open container. I personally do not get nasty grams. I think the key is to show them you are not cancelling to cherry pick rides and they don't care. There are people in my city with cancel rates in the thirties

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts

this is what you need to do. Don't be a pushover.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Maybe the title should've been "Drivers Taking Illegal Rides".
Some drivers taking rides that are against with the TOS is what has cause the trouble. I never been a snitch but if you could see what my dash cam captures almost on a daily basis, you will feel the urge to become one. In the small town where I drive now I'm known as the "Uncoolest Uber" and Fri. and Sat. night I get a good amount of pax cancelations the moment the see who will be picking them up. So I know some "cool" drivers are making more than I do just by default. I just hope for their and their pax's sake Karma don't go berserk on their arse when their luck run out one day.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Lmao. You are so overthinking it. I have 2800 trips and constantly have a 20-30% cancel rate. They will botch and complain but I tell them the same thing. What is your commission on 0 trips? Because if it's a problem I'll just switch to one of my other gig jobs. They say OK and that's all. Same with pool. I told them they are making your customers wait longer because I'm either declining them or accepting and cancelling instantly. After doing that for a week guess what. No more pools and no moresponsibility sending text and emails about my cancellation rate. Problem is to many drivers are scared to speak up.

I treat Uber like anyone trying to steal from me in the streets. If you don't like it deactivate me. You will send me a come back offer with 2 weeks anyway. With better incintives also. I had one that said if I come back and do 80 trips a week for a month I'd get the reg quest bonuses plus another 500 a week. Just treat them like the shot company they are. And don't take no for an answer.
You are so full of it. Cancelling lots is and will give them reason to deactivate you.

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
You are so full of it. Cancelling lots is and will give them reason to deactivate you.
This is what a lot of drivers don't understand ... Uber does not NEED a reason to deactivate you.
Do a 'good enough' job, keep your head down, do what you need to do to make money and be safe ... and if thats not good enough for 'the man' - well, screw em. Go find another minimum wage job.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.