Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I'm sensing some hostility are you ok?
What hostility?

By canceling on customers after you accepted their ride, you're providing bad service. When you cancel you cause riders to wait longer for a ride and cause other drivers to drive further for a ride that you are closest too. That is bad customer service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm up in the air on this one. I made the mistake of picking up a pax named Princess Bea. As I was waiting for her, my gut instinct kept saying cancel, drive on. I waited a little over 5mins. She finally came out and had the worst attitude. Without going into details of the trip, I'll just say she was the biggest ..... I've ever encountered while driving. She ended up giving me a 1 star.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
In the last week I've canceled (no charge) on two requests for obvious fake names. The first one was "Wizkid" and the second "Gameboy"

I'm sorry but I'm not letting someone enter my car with a fake name

What about you guys?
We're all very busy these days and so I'm totally aware that some of my trans-pax
don't have time to stand in line at the DMV all day just to change John into Jane.

pax: Hi, I haven't updated my account yet. I know it says Bob, but I can show you my plumbing.
me: No, that's okay. Go ahead and get in. Where do you need to go...uh...ma'am ?
pax: Oh, just call me Chris. I'd like go the Walgreens or a CVS so I can get some shaving cream.
me: Sure, do you need to go somewhere after that ?
pax: Actually, I do. Do you know any good places I could go and shave my legs ?
me: How about the Library ?
pax: No, I was thinking of someplace with more of a euro-trash atmosphere.
me: Lemme google and see what's nearby.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
customer service on OUR end, as drivers, is to make sure the customer has a great RIDING experience with Uber. You can accept who you want and who you don't want in your personal vehicle. If you don't feel safe, then you don't have to give someone a ride. Uber's customer service comes when people aren't picked up because their government name isn't shown on the rider's account. I personally don't decline those rides but I understand why people don't.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm up in the air on this one. I made the mistake of picking up a pax named Princess Bea. As I was waiting for her, my gut instinct kept saying cancel, drive on. I waited a little over 5mins. She finally came out and had the worst attitude. Without going into details of the trip, I'll just say she was the biggest ..... I've ever encountered while driving. She ended up giving me a 1 star.
Come to think of it maybe her name wasn't fake...

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
In the last week I've canceled (no charge) on two requests for obvious fake names. The first one was "Wizkid" and the second "Gameboy"

I'm sorry but I'm not letting someone enter my car with a fake name

What about you guys?
Just cancel, and file complaint with uber. Tell them you were concerned for your safety and cancelled.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Picked up a rider called, "Stormbringer". I thought it was unique and cool. I asked him about it, it had something to do with the platform he signed up through. Like if I signed up via this site, my uber rider name would be kc ub'ing!. No big whoop.

I wouldn't turn down a rider due to an unusual name. It's shortsighted, judgmental and lame!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I wouldn't turn down a rider due to an unusual name. It's shortsighted, judgmental and lame!
What if his rider name is PsychoKiller ? at least flip a coin, no?

me: Hi, did you order an Uber?
PK: Ya, thanks for coming. I have trouble getting rides.
me: No problem, where do you wanna go ?
PK: Just take me to somebody's house....anywhere....
me: Anywhere in particular ?
PK: naw, just find me a nice neighborhood and drop me off.
me: You promise not to psycho kill me, right ?
PK: Oh, dude don't worry... I gotta get warmed up first and everything....
takes at least 15 minutes...You got any gum or mints ?

1 - 20 of 194 Posts