Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
It all depends on which source of information you choose to trust. I have done hundreds of hours of research on this pandemic. And I am comfortable with my sources. I will continue to wear a mask and will require my passengers to wear a mask as long as I feel, based on my extensive research, that there is a risk to my health. I don't give a crap what some government says, nor the CDC or Fauci. They're all lying to protect their own special interests. I listen to the doctors that are risking their very livelihood to let us know what is really happening. I've come to the conclusion this is the most dangerous time to take off your mask. But please, indulge in your new found freedom. Breathe in deeply whatever is being exhaled by your various passengers. We will miss you.

·
Premium Member
6,976 Posts
It all depends on which source of information you choose to trust. I have done hundreds of hours of research on this pandemic. And I am comfortable with my sources. I will continue to wear a mask and will require my passengers to wear a mask as long as I feel, based on my extensive research, that there is a risk to my health. I don't give a crap what some government says, nor the CDC or Fauci. They're all lying to protect their own special interests. I listen to the doctors that are risking their very livelihood to let us know what is really happening. I've come to the conclusion this is the most dangerous time to take off your mask. But please, indulge in your new found freedom. Breathe in deeply whatever is being exhaled by your various passengers. We will miss you.
You justify it the way you want . Just wear the ****ing mask . We do not want to lose another fellow driver . Be safe and good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,735 Posts
It all depends on which source of information you choose to trust.
I put my trust in the middle of the road mainstream media. People like the Associated Press.

I ignore the right wing conspiracy people.

I occasionally see what Fox has to say, but I take it with a grain of salt, considering their support for the former President Trump.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
That's fantastic. Did you know the Associated Press just announced that there are only two hundred fraudulent votes in Arizona according to the Associated Press audit?

The problem is the AP never conducted an audit.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I wear a mask to protect my interests. I'm not doing it to make the rideshare companies happy. I allow passengers the right to make their own decision about a mask. It makes the job easier for me, and that's all I really care about in the greater scheme of things.
I wear a mask because it's the right thing to do. I care about my health, and I care about other people. That seems lost in a "me first" and "America first" kind of world... where did all the good people go?

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
I wear a mask because it's the right thing to do. I care about my health, and I care about other people. That seems lost in a "me first" and "America first" kind of world... where did all the good people go?
I wore a mask 100% of the time before getting vaccinated. I still wear a mask while driving Uber/Lyft, because it is a requirement for me as a driver.

Once the vaccination kicked in, medical science told me that wearing a mask is largely unnecessary. I'm not going to keep wearing a mask in situations where one isn't really called for. That just seems kind of virtue-signally to me. However, since Uber/Lyft are still asking we mask up, I have no problem with it. Passengers are their own entity. I'm not going to have an altercation about masks over a $9 ride. Getting punched in the face or having a window smashed in because some Trumper hates wearing a mask isn't a penalty worth taking.

They are welcome in my car maskless, but the windows will becoming down to mitigate any potential transmission. It's called a reasonable compromise. If we had more of that thinking in America instead of this "I'm right, you're wrong" intransigence, the country would be much better off.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
The inherent stupidity of some never ceases to amaze me. Like it or not, masks in public transportation is a federal requirement. How is Uber/Lyft not a type of public transportation? Perhaps some are so delusional thinking the drivers' cars were a property of theirs?

Reactions: SHalester

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
There is a vocal part of the scientific community that is explaining why this experimental injection cannot be called a vaccine. They are telling us the injection does not prevent covid infection, nor covid transmission. It may help to reduce the fatality rate somewhat.

With over 11,000 reported death from this injection currently in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, which being a voluntary reporting system traditionally reflects between 1% and 10% of the actual figure, this injection is much better at population reduction.

A pregnant woman carrying her baby to the 20th week would traditionally miscarry an average of 12% of the time. If she takes her vaccine during that period the spontaneous abortion rate rises to 82%.

Again, a very effective tool for population control. I can't prove it, but a lot of professionals with their reputations on the line are claiming so. Everyone must make their own choices in this confusing mess.

Dr. Charles Hoffe - 9min17sec

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
The inherent stupidity of some never ceases to amaze me.
You can let that stupidity wear you down, or you can work around it. I've found that for 46 cents per miles, it's best just to work around it. If a passenger smashes in a window or puts a huge crease in your door with their foot, you're going to be fighting Uber for the passenger's name. The deductible comes out of your pocket.

If all that expense and stress is worth having a showdown with some stranger over the efficacy of masks, go for it. I've decided there are better ways to neutralize morons who see a big conspiracy behind every tree.

·
Premium Member
6,976 Posts
You can let that stupidity wear you down, or you can work around it. I've found that for 46 cents per miles, it's best just to work around it. If a passenger smashes in a window or puts a huge crease in your door with their foot, you're going to be fighting Uber for the passenger's name. The deductible comes out of your pocket.

If all that expense and stress is worth having a showdown with some stranger over the efficacy of masks, go for it. I've decided there are better ways to neutralize morons who see a big conspiracy behind every tree.
Showdown ??What are you talking about? Are they wearing a mask when they approach the car ? Are they showing you the intent to put one on ? No mask , door locks don’t came on . Period x
There is no debate or discussion . NO MASKS NO RIDE . Let the clock run out and no show fee or just cancel to bad behavior and do a “ no mask report”and collect the 4.01.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I wear a mask because it's the right thing to do. I care about my health, and I care about other people.
And that's great, and you should care about your health.
Us "good people" are fine with your decision, and your freedom to choose.
Us "good people" also care about other people's freedom and liberties, something you easily give up which is not the right thing to do.

Realize that YOU ARE the "me first" kind that you so despise, who shame and mandate others to wear a mask FOR YOU. Pretty selfish.
Us "good people" would never ask nor demand you wear a mask for us.

Starting to get it, yet?

·
Premium Member
6,976 Posts
And that's great, and you should care about your health.
Us "good people" are fine with your decision, and your freedom to choose.
Us "good people" also care about other people's freedom and liberties, something you easily give up which is not the right thing to do.

Realize that YOU ARE the "me first" kind that you so despise, who shame and mandate others to wear a mask FOR YOU. Pretty selfish.
Us "good people" would never ask nor demand you wear a mask for us.

Starting to get it, yet?
You are confused . The “ good people “ are choosing to put distance with your kind of ignorance.
You don’t want to wear a mask . You don’t get a ride.
You don’t want to wear a mask . You do not enter a retail store .
You don’t wear a mask , you cannot eat on that restaurant .
You don’t wear a mask , you cannot use the Public Transportation or enter a Public Space .
Why , because the rest of the “ good people “ , which are the majority,do not want to share a space with a bunch of ignorants that are willing to put the “ good people “ life at risk .
You are free to choose ,you just cannot chose for others . Be ready to be denny entrance and services . You can always go back to your hole and die angry and alone, just do not take anyone not willing with you .

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
You are free to choose ,you just cannot chose for others
I totally agree.
If you really believe in this, you'd shut up.

The hypocrisy is, you're saying that I cannot choose for others, but others can damn well choose for me.

I'm starting to root for the virus.
LOL. Me too.
No traffic with the lockdowns. Free money. Free time for leisure and projects. Struggling businesses overly friendly and accommodating.
Was like a year long vacation.
Come on Delta. Do your thing.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Showdown ??What are you talking about? Are they wearing a mask when they approach the car ? Are they showing you the intent to put one on ? No mask , door locks don’t came on . Period x
The sneaky ones will be wearing a mask when you show up, then about one or two minutes into the ride, will use it as a chin diaper or take it off completely. It's the old bait-and-switch routine, since many of these passengers have learned many of the drivers will cancel if you don't have it on to start the ride.

I'm tired of being Uber's mask police. I'm fully vaccinated, wear a KN-95 while driving, and have the windows down almost all the time. There's about zero chance I'll be getting infected. If I throw a fit and demand they put their mask back on, things can escalate rather quickly. I'm not risking damage to my car because some Trumper wants to throw a fit over Uber's rules.

A five or ten-minute ride won't cover the $1000 deductible.

·
Premium Member
16,382 Posts
It may help to reduce the fatality rate somewhat.
what? Can you confirm the fact that nearly 100% of those in the hospital today and those dying today are unvaccinated?

Can you also confirm the fact all 50 states have had a >50% increase in cases from unvaccinated people?

I mean, those are facts, don't really need your confirmation. Maybe an acknowledgment.

Somewhat my arse.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts