Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As in accepting a request and then cancelling (for whatever reason).

The desktop Uber dashboard now has your acceptance rating displayed, and I was testing it out today .. if I accept pings and cancel with "do not charge rider," my acceptance rating is untouched, but if I ignore a ping all together, it goes down.

Did something change? Cancelling requests used to always effect your acceptance rating so drivers would stop cherry picking surge rides.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
It's always been that way, they never affected the acceptance rate but Uber really hates when we accept then cancel especially with "do not charge rider " pick any other reason other than that

I only use do not charge rider if it's completely my mess

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
As in accepting a request and then cancelling (for whatever reason).

The desktop Uber dashboard now has your acceptance rating displayed, and I was testing it out today .. if I accept pings and cancel with "do not charge rider," my acceptance rating is untouched, but if I ignore a ping all together, it goes down.

Did something change? Cancelling requests used to always effect your acceptance rating so drivers would stop cherry picking surge rides.
Why the heck i dont see that on my dash....where u see it

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's always been that way, they never affected the acceptance rate but Uber really hates when we accept then cancel especially with "do not charge rider " pick any other reason other than that

I only use do not charge rider if it's completely my mess
it definitely effected my acceptance rating in 2015 .. I'd get threatening texts and my partner email would show a 25% acceptance rating.

what do you select when you want to cancel a ride? I cancelled a bunch today when I was on the freeway from SFO getting back into the city and Uber was sending me pool requests 10+ minutes away in Daly City, San Bruno, etc.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
it definitely effected my acceptance rating in 2015 .. I'd get threatening texts and my partner email would show a 25% acceptance rating.

what do you select when you want to cancel a ride? I cancelled a bunch today when I was on the freeway from SFO getting back into the city and Uber was sending me pool requests 10+ minutes away in Daly City, San Bruno, etc.
I recycle them mostly " wrong address shown" sometimes " report fraudulent pax" just anything else . I barely do this cause uber will downgrade you in their system , I believe they have a VIP level for drivers and riders like priority on who gets pinged

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recycle them mostly " wrong address shown" sometimes " report fraudulent pax" just anything else . I barely do this cause uber will downgrade you in their system , I believe they have a VIP level for drivers and riders like priority on who gets pinged
so you actually accept almost every single ping that comes to you?!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
so you actually accept almost every single ping that comes to you?!
I take all pings then pretty much know when I don't want to be online like if I'm about to cross Powell on post heading to market I jump offline for 30 seconds then on the other side I go back online and that's when I'm counting my rides lol otherwise pax in sf are snobby all you gotta do to have them cancel is take the wrong turn ( they start cussing you out on the other side then cancel immediately talking of how you don't live in SF )

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I take all pings then pretty much know when I don't want to be online like if I'm about to cross Powell on post heading to market I jump offline for 30 seconds then on the other side I go back online and that's when I'm counting my rides lol otherwise pax in sf are snobby all you gotta do to have them cancel is take the wrong turn ( they start cussing you out on the other side then cancel immediately talking of how you don't live in SF )
None of those clowns know the difficulty of driving a car...not just driving but driving for pax.
I always hear how pax complain how bad all drivers are...and i ask them if they drive....pshh ofcourse they don't.....

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
None of those clowns know the difficulty of driving a car...not just driving but driving for pax.
I always hear how pax complain how bad all drivers are...and i ask them if they drive....pshh ofcourse they don't.....
Love the condescending calls telling me how I'm going the wrong way .

"I can see on the map you are going to wrong way" btw it's 5pm traffic and they want you to do a u turn in downtown stop and go nightmare.

I rarely see Uber drivers rushing to pick up pax , there is still those sudden lane changes and u turns but not like it used to be.

·
Registered
99 Posts

I select "other" unless it's a valid no show. I get the messages that I am cancelling too many rides, but so far no real actions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.