Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As in accepting a request and then cancelling (for whatever reason).

The desktop Uber dashboard now has your acceptance rating displayed, and I was testing it out today .. if I accept pings and cancel with "do not charge rider," my acceptance rating is untouched, but if I ignore a ping all together, it goes down.

Did something change? Cancelling requests used to always effect your acceptance rating so drivers would stop cherry picking surge rides.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
It's always been that way, they never affected the acceptance rate but Uber really hates when we accept then cancel especially with "do not charge rider " pick any other reason other than that

I only use do not charge rider if it's completely my mess

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
As in accepting a request and then cancelling (for whatever reason).

The desktop Uber dashboard now has your acceptance rating displayed, and I was testing it out today .. if I accept pings and cancel with "do not charge rider," my acceptance rating is untouched, but if I ignore a ping all together, it goes down.

Did something change? Cancelling requests used to always effect your acceptance rating so drivers would stop cherry picking surge rides.
Why the heck i dont see that on my dash....where u see it

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's always been that way, they never affected the acceptance rate but Uber really hates when we accept then cancel especially with "do not charge rider " pick any other reason other than that

I only use do not charge rider if it's completely my mess
it definitely effected my acceptance rating in 2015 .. I'd get threatening texts and my partner email would show a 25% acceptance rating.

what do you select when you want to cancel a ride? I cancelled a bunch today when I was on the freeway from SFO getting back into the city and Uber was sending me pool requests 10+ minutes away in Daly City, San Bruno, etc.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Good to know. I was put on time out 2x this morning for ignoring too many pool request. My acceptance rate took a dive but I will try this method next time.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
it definitely effected my acceptance rating in 2015 .. I'd get threatening texts and my partner email would show a 25% acceptance rating.

what do you select when you want to cancel a ride? I cancelled a bunch today when I was on the freeway from SFO getting back into the city and Uber was sending me pool requests 10+ minutes away in Daly City, San Bruno, etc.
I recycle them mostly " wrong address shown" sometimes " report fraudulent pax" just anything else . I barely do this cause uber will downgrade you in their system , I believe they have a VIP level for drivers and riders like priority on who gets pinged

·
Registered
577 Posts
I recycle them mostly " wrong address shown" sometimes " report fraudulent pax" just anything else . I barely do this cause uber will downgrade you in their system , I believe they have a VIP level for drivers and riders like priority on who gets pinged
We are like test drones... for Uber. I'm watching the movie Maze/Scorch. lol

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so you actually accept almost every single ping that comes to you?!

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you have Android click the three dots in the top right corner of the screen and then select request desktop site. This should let you see your acceptance rate with your mobile device.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
so you actually accept almost every single ping that comes to you?!
I take all pings then pretty much know when I don't want to be online like if I'm about to cross Powell on post heading to market I jump offline for 30 seconds then on the other side I go back online and that's when I'm counting my rides lol otherwise pax in sf are snobby all you gotta do to have them cancel is take the wrong turn ( they start cussing you out on the other side then cancel immediately talking of how you don't live in SF )

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Wasnt the new rule that fuber cannot axe for acceptance, ONLY FOR CANCELS???

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I take all pings then pretty much know when I don't want to be online like if I'm about to cross Powell on post heading to market I jump offline for 30 seconds then on the other side I go back online and that's when I'm counting my rides lol otherwise pax in sf are snobby all you gotta do to have them cancel is take the wrong turn ( they start cussing you out on the other side then cancel immediately talking of how you don't live in SF )
None of those clowns know the difficulty of driving a car...not just driving but driving for pax.
I always hear how pax complain how bad all drivers are...and i ask them if they drive....pshh ofcourse they don't.....

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
None of those clowns know the difficulty of driving a car...not just driving but driving for pax.
I always hear how pax complain how bad all drivers are...and i ask them if they drive....pshh ofcourse they don't.....
Love the condescending calls telling me how I'm going the wrong way .

"I can see on the map you are going to wrong way" btw it's 5pm traffic and they want you to do a u turn in downtown stop and go nightmare.

I rarely see Uber drivers rushing to pick up pax , there is still those sudden lane changes and u turns but not like it used to be.

·
Registered
99 Posts

I select "other" unless it's a valid no show. I get the messages that I am cancelling too many rides, but so far no real actions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts