Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my rider today got in and asked me to go to the original stop she listed in the app and then another stop. I did this for her. She then disputed the fair, claiming that I picked up the wrong rider (I always name verify so I know it was her) and I am not getting paid for the ride. Uber refuses to review it further.

So if a rider tries to do this to you tell them you can only take them to one destination. If they get shitty about it kick them the **** out.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
So my rider today got in and asked me to go to the original stop she listed in the app and then another stop. I did this for her. She then disputed the fair, claiming that I picked up the wrong rider (I always name verify so I know it was her) and I am not getting paid for the ride. Uber refuses to review it further.

So if a rider tries to do this to you tell them you can only take them to one destination. If they get shitty about it kick them the &%[email protected]!* out.
You changed the destination on your app???
If so maybe you should have had her change it on hers-that's one thing I learned or could implement from your post but I will continue to pick up passengers who want to change destinations and want to keep on driving it's money..

·
Registered
132 Posts

So if a rider tries to do this to you tell them you can only take them to one destination. If they get shitty about it kick them the &%[email protected]!* out.
Don't end the ride and tell them in order to go to the new stop they need to change the destination themselves.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SHE changed the destination after we got to the first stop or rather just before. She just scammed a free ride. She probably does this all day everyday and Uber's automated system never does anything about it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
SHE changed the destination after we got to the first stop or rather just before. She just scammed a free ride. She probably does this all day everyday and Uber's automated system never does anything about it.
I'm so confused. If she did it through her app, they have proof she was the one riding and she authorized the change in destination. You deserve to win and get your money back!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. You need to email Uber over and over until you get the result you want. Be persistent. So I get to the apartment complex for the pick up and he is nowhere to be found. Call him and he comes out. I confirm who's he's looking for and his name and take him to the location. Almost a week and a half later I get an email mail they adjusted one of my fairs to 0. Uber told me I picked up the wrong rider. I had to email them four times before I got paid. I said to them how did I pick up the wrong rider when I called him when I arrived and when he came out I confirmed his identity. I dropped him where the app told me to. I had to argue if I picked up the wrong rider then why did he answer his phone when I called hi. The I asked them if it was the wrong rider he would have been dropped off at the wrong location to. This was on a 2.2 surge also. I finally got my money back after 4 emails. No wonder they are losing money. They believe the riders bull stories without investigating. This company is a train wreck!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. You need to email Uber over and over until you get the result you want. Be persistent. So I get to the apartment complex for the pick up and he is nowhere to be found. Call him and he comes out. I confirm who's he's looking for and his name and take him to the location. Almost a week and a half later I get an email mail they adjusted one of my fairs to 0. Uber told me I picked up the wrong rider. I had to email them four times before I got paid. I said to them how did I pick up the wrong rider when I called him when I arrived and when he came out I confirmed his identity. I dropped him where the app told me to. I had to argue if I picked up the wrong rider then why did he answer his phone when I called hi. The I asked them if it was the wrong rider he would have been dropped off at the wrong location to. This was on a 2.2 surge also. I finally got my money back after 4 emails. No wonder they are losing money. They believe the riders bull stories without investigating. This company is a train wreck!
I might be cynical but I bet uberr faked it and just was trying to see if they could take ALL the money from that trip. They want a push over and bet a lot of drivers just fold

·
Premium Member
9,639 Posts
I might be cynical but I bet uberr faked it and just was trying to see if they could take ALL the money from that trip. They want a push over and bet a lot of drivers just fold
That's funny. I could definitely see them blue balling the drivers ;)
Write a little program that does this to every 1218th ride and who but their programmers would know?

·
Banned
1,939 Posts
Lol, the whole "wrong rider" thing is just nonsense, so you picked up the wrong person who happened to go to the address you went AND changed the destination again because, well... you know it's the wrong rider.

I wish they would give CSR some common sense lessons but uber is probably so afraid of losing their cattle they just bend over.

·
Registered
588 Posts
That's funny. I could definitely see them blue balling the drivers ;)
Write a little program that does this to every 1218th ride and who but their programmers would know?
It's really the only way dumb crap like this can happen. We know uberr is bleeding money so how to recoup some of the loss? Fake all these trip complaints to 'recover' the money and say the pax was refunded. We know uberr breaks laws like no other so why wouldnt they do something like this to pocket more money?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did in fact get my money, but I'll never drive to a location and wait again. I am certain it was the rider and not Uber doing this though. She was one of those shitty Marina kids that think everyone is on their clock. You know the ones that won't tip the waiter if their spoon is on the wrong side of the place setting.

·
Registered
134 Posts

I could care less if they change the destination or side track to pick someone up. So long as it's racking up mileage. One time I did end the fare and drove off after someone ran in "to get someone" and it took longer than 3 minutes. Not waiting around for .13¢ /min.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What should really frustrate people is that in a lot of these instances the passengers have made the destination changes themselves and the claiming afterwards they were ripped off. How else would they do that unless they were actually taking the ride and if Uber really investigated anything before taking back money how would they not see what occurred? I mean the only story one could use is that their phone was stolen, they had no knowledge of it and somebody decided take Uber rides with it which is a little ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
9,639 Posts
What should really frustrate people is that in a lot of these instances the passengers have made the destination changes themselves and the claiming afterwards they were ripped off. How else would they do that unless they were actually taking the ride and if Uber really investigated anything before taking back money how would they not see what occurred? I mean the only story one could use is that their phone was stolen, they had no knowledge of it and somebody decided take Uber rides with it which is a little ridiculous.
And even if your phone was stolen, how is that my problem? It's not like I have a picture of the pax or anything.

I sent 40 emails once to get $50 they owed me, I would just keep opening tickets sending them emails till someone was stupid enough to just give you the money, meanwhile costing them a lot to have to answer all of them. I would love to start a campaign where every driver sends a help ticket in every day just to overwhelm them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.