Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing that some of you get contacts for private clients.

how does it work?

do you just exchange information and when they need your services arrange pick up?
do you do it with the uber app or cash?

thanks

by the way, today is my 30 days at uber , so far I like it. I have a full time job so this works pretty well for me.

these are my stats so far for 30 days

4.93* 275 trips = $2,370.52

·
Registered
175 Posts
unless you drive to the clients right in front of them and they request uber but i dont see why you would want to do that. if you have a "personal" relationship with someone u met through uber then theres nothing they can do about it

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
unless you drive to the clients right in front of them and they request uber but i dont see why you would want to do that. if you have a "personal" relationship with someone u met through uber then theres nothing they can do about it
Just to address the elephant in the room, at the risk of sounding obvious... tell me class, raise your hand if you know... what am I going to say? What is wrong with this picture? ME!ME!ME! Ok Billy, what is it? What happens Teacher when they get into a boo-boo? Oh, Billy, you mean an accident? Yeh, that's it. Well Billy the nice driver will have to make a deal with the client to make sure the client lies to Officer Friendly and says they are long-time pals that the driver was just helping out by giving a free ride to the airport that day. What if the client is hurt and doesn't want to say that? Well, then the driver is in big trouble Billy because he has no insurance!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Just to address the elephant in the room, at the risk of sounding obvious... tell me class, raise your hand if you know... what am I going to say? What is wrong with this picture? ME!ME!ME! Ok Billy, what is it? What happens Teacher when they get into a boo-boo? Oh, Billy, you mean an accident? Yeh, that's it. Well Billy the nice driver will have to make a deal with the client to make sure the client lies to Officer Friendly and says they are long-time pals that the driver was just helping out by giving a free ride to the airport that day. What if the client is hurt and doesn't want to say that? Well, then the driver is in big trouble Billy because he has no insurance!
(Obviously the above does not apply to those drivers who have TCP licenses and commercial insurance policies.)

·
Registered
175 Posts
your personal ins will cover it and hopefully ur policy covers bodily injury. why does lieing need to take place?? ins isnt like..."oh ur going to the airport? we dont cover ppl who are going to airport and get into an accident". no. they will be fine.

·
Registered
175 Posts
and next time someone has a simple question...dont be such a ****ing dick about it!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
You're crazy delusional if tot thunk your personal insurance would cover you. LMFAO. How ignorant (to be polite) do you have to be?? Just do some ****ing research. LOL

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
your personal ins will cover it and hopefully ur policy covers bodily injury. why does lieing need to take place?? ins isnt like..."oh ur going to the airport? we dont cover ppl who are going to airport and get into an accident". no. they will be fine.
You obviously have the answers, you should give seminars and charge big bucks because look at all the money you could save all those misguided souls paying 6k/yr for commercial insurance.

BTW, it's not an "airport" issue, I just used that as an example of a destination. Oh boy! (Taking deep breath.)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
way it works for me is.
reg pax sends text.
I respond yes/ no.
I go to her place.
She gets in and order ride.
I accept.
I pay sluber for insurance cover.

·
Registered
890 Posts
way it works for me is.
reg pax sends text.
I respond yes/ no.
I go to her place.
She gets in and order ride.
I accept.
I pay sluber for insurance cover.
That's how it's done! Unless you're a TCP, but then if you do, you got more problems on top of the TCP insurance costs, etc.

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
275 trips is some serious time investment just to earn $2300 . Man I'm hoping that's net lol

Don't take any ride. I used to take any ride last year but things have changed. Taking $1 rides will put you in the negative quick.

Well good luck.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts