Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you need someone to hold your hand?

• yes we all need someone to stand with.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • NO..I ONLY CARE ABOUT MYSELF.

Votes: 1 33.3%

Do a google of uber driver strike new years...

Tags
weaksauce
900 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Lag Monkey 
#1 ·
nothing, nada..zip..jUst articles on the halloween strike. Who cares, nobody. wait i will tell you who cares. Taxi drivers and ex-taxi drivers. But they dont want to see uber fixed, they want it destroyed..and they actually get off the couch and fight. Why? Can anyone answer? becuase they see eachother and talk to eachother and have known eachother for years. They care about eachother. Maybee THEY deserve to win. Not uber, damn sure not you partners. When the hell did i become entitled hipster? No drug test, make my own hours not caring about anyone but myself? I dont care about any of this except my money, I dont know if fixing uber is right, NOBODY is fighting for uber...its such a waste. You talk about smelly cabs, poor service..high rates. The way taxis were before uber...i would do it in a heartbeat and make a good living, take the 5 stars and shove it...but i cant. Nobody can anymore..YOU JUST KILLED AN INDUSTRY AND GOOD LIVELYHOOD.. you partners....and it was for nothing. You dont care. Your about to be stomped out..the cabs arent the enemy, they are what we are supposed to be..we took it backwards...us...partners..destroyed a good thing. There is no repect for drivers anymore..when i say respect..i mean money..your peers are fry cooks at micky-ds. pay wise.. keep your strikes, protests and *****ing and moaning... you dint loose even half what they did. If you cant fight for respect..hang your heads for taking Away thiers.

Reactions: chi1cabby
#2 · (Edited)
Do a google of uber driver strike new years...
nothing, nada..zip..jUst articles on the halloween strike.
There is NO coverage of the proposed NYE strike because the organizer Abe Husein aka Uber Freedom aka USMA lost all credibility and has abysmal following amongst the Drivers.
Reporters did cover the 10/16/14 Strike. But there won't be much, if any media coverage this time.
Read:
Stop Following Abe Husein! Please join the effort to form a new United App-Based Workers Assoc.

#3 · (Edited)
Strikes don't work. Many have tried... all have failed.
The only hope is to fix your own life. If you are in a market where Uber pays next to nothing and you are continuing to drive, you are the problem. Blame yourself. As long as Uber has enough drivers willing to work for insane rates, why would they raise them?

What works for me, is to take one ride per month to stay active and use the rest of the time I used to spend driving, cultivating better ways to make money.
If Uber ever decides to raise to rates to a fair level, I'll probably drive again. In the meantime, I'll spend my time being more productive than making Uber rich, at the expense of my time and my car. Log off and take a stand or continue telling Uber that you will work for their crappy rates by logging on and taking rides. Waiting for your fellow drivers to band together for change, is putting your life in the hands of other Uber drivers. That's a losing proposition.

Surge chasing doesn't work, by the way. The vaste majority of those who claim to only work for surge pricing, actually end up taking minimum fare rides while they wait for the surge. Stop fooling yourself. Once Uber gets you in your car with the app on, most drivers will end up taking low rate rides. It also keeps you in the mentality of being an Uber driver.

Weaning off driving didn't work for me. I needed to get into the mindset of total change. Uber was great when they paid a fair rate. Those days are long gone, and I'm smart enough to know that those days are probably gone forever. I'm also not about to wait for all the drivers to get together and figure out how to create a positive change in my life. I'm certainly not going to continue driving, thereby telling Uber that I'm willing to drive for such horrible rates. It's really not too difficult to make more money doing anything compared to driving for Uber. It's your life, are you really going to wait for other drivers to take charge of it? To me, that's just an excuse to stay lazy and keep driving for Uber.

Waiting for all the drivers to band together and force change will never happen. Take charge of your own life. The simplicity of the Uber drivers app and their direct pay deposits are the perfect formula to keep lazy, unmotivated people stuck in the slave rut they have found themselves in. Throw in a couple of make believe pie charts explaining how lower rates equals more money for the drivers and Uber keeps desperate drivers coming back for more abuse.

It's a new year, make a change now, or spend another year making Uber rich while your life slips away.

#8 ·
Uber strike was a huge success! It surged 9.9X in many markets! Lol..seriously tho..Abe has officially retired the day after the strike and made the site free. The site forums don't even work, but the donation button works great;) NYE strike was an utter failure. No news coverage, no one even cared on the forums. I think drivers striking days are over. Now we can just hope each city allows us to collectively bargain against uber like Seattle did and that Lyft grows and offers better driver payouts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.