Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been off for three weeks for medical reasons and started back up. I got the email about the requirement to display a front and rear and received 2 new ones in the mail (for one of my registered cars, nothing for the other). And I read the threatening email about fines at LAX and the "requirement" to not display trade dress for both Uber and Lyft. So today I took an unfortunate pax to LAX and noticed that some cars have two ubers, some have two ubers and two lifts, some have nothing, etc.

Q1: is there really some sort of law that says you can't display Lyft and Uber at the same time?
Q2: why did Lyft send me nothing - no email, no trade dress, etc
Q3: I notice that the new Uber TradeDress no longer fits inside the Lyft plastic pocket that easily held the old Uber and Lyft trade dress so you could easily switch them. Fuber!!!! New one is too big.
Q4: Is it really worth it anymore?

thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've been off for three weeks for medical reasons and started back up. I got the email about the requirement to display a front and rear and received 2 new ones in the mail (for one of my registered cars, nothing for the other). And I read the threatening email about fines at LAX and the "requirement" to not display trade dress for both Uber and Lyft. So today I took an unfortunate pax to LAX and noticed that some cars have two ubers, some have two ubers and two lifts, some have nothing, etc.

Q1: is there really some sort of law that says you can't display Lyft and Uber at the same time?
Q2: why did Lyft send me nothing - no email, no trade dress, etc
Q3: I notice that the new Uber TradeDress no longer fits inside the Lyft plastic pocket that easily held the old Uber and Lyft trade dress so you could easily switch them. Fuber!!!! New one is too big.
Q4: Is it really worth it anymore?

thanks.
A1: You can have both trade dress on top of each other
A2: Both Uber and Lyft sent a text message about 2 months ago to confirm our mailing address. Either they forgot to send you one, or your trade dress is on its way. You can also visit one of their offices to obtain an extra trade dress.
A3: I've seen some drivers just tape it on their windshield, and some use Velcro to stick it. Nobody really recognize the new Uber logo, so it's okay to leave it on your windshield.
A4: I don't even expect tips anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts