Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone post a link that specifically spells out Uber's 'Disciplinary' guidelines?

Anything at all that says anything to the effect of: "If you cancel more than your 'peers' you will be temporarily deactivated"?

Any link to ANY information about 'temporary' or 'permanent' deactivation AT ALL?

Please help. Thanks!

Section 2.4 under the Nov 2014 Partner agreement says:

You retain the option, via the Driver App, to attempt to accept or to decline or ignore a User's request for Transportation Services via the Uber Services, or to cancel an accepted request for Transportation Services via the Driver App, subject to Company's then current cancellation policies.

Does anyone have anything in writing concerning these so-called: "current cancellation policies'? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I've been trying to do.....I've only been able to see the rider's ratings since the last major update...but the problem is, I can't see their rating until AFTER I accept....and then it is SO hard to read that I sometimes take too long to cancel and it goes into my trip history. :oops:

I could tell that whenever I did pick up 4.6 or lower.....my rating for the day went down....so I've finally decided only 4.7 and above...and today I was deactivated again for 48 hrs. :eek:

Oh well....more time to call the lawyers. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm.....I'm still hearing crickets in here.

So no one has ANY knowledge of the 'current cancellation policy'?

I'm assuming that is because it doesn't really exist? Because that would be a logical conclusion to me if no one can find it. o_O

80 Posts
I was deactivated for 48 hours too. From what I've seen on this board, it looks like only the ****ers at the Chicago office are pulling this shit. I even emailed them back and said, "of my last 40 trips in my trip history, only 6 were cancelled...and 4 of those were by the passengers." So it is very obvious these ******** are looking at the Accept Cancel Reason Other and nailing us there. No other city seems to be doing this to their drivers.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly. I emailed them this morning to ask them where it specifically outlines the 'current cancellation policy' and I have not heard back yet. Unless I can see it in writing....it doesn't exist. But the 'Partner Agreement' does specifically say:

You retain the option, via the Driver App, to attempt to accept or to decline or ignore a User's request for Transportation Services via the Uber Services, or to cancel an accepted request for Transportation Services via the Driver App, subject to Company's then current cancellation policies.

I cannot find anywhere where it says: And if you cancel more than 20% of your ride requests....you will be deactivated.

Can anyone else?

Especially when they give you NO notice at all! I'd be out driving right now....but they notified me 1/2 hr before signing on that I was deactivated for 48 hrs. How are we supposed to follow a 'policy' that we have NO KNOWLEDGE of? :mad:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The key words in the driver agreement is "...Company reserves the right to deactivate your access to the Driver App and the Uber Services. Additionally, you acknowledge that your repeated failure to accept requests for Transportation Services while you are logged in to the Driver App creates a negative experience for Users of Uber's mobile application" (2.5.2)

I'm fairly certain the "cancellation policy" mentioned in that section you quoted relates to the pax side - i.e. driver waiting a specified time upon arrival, etc.

In looking thru the same driver agreement you have, there's no differentiation between a "hand slap" (temp) or permanent deactivation. Since it's at "the Company's sole discretion..." and you were (I assume) deactivated, I would take it up with the area manager.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In looking thru the same driver agreement you have, there's no differentiation between a "hand slap" (temp) or permanent deactivation. Since it's at "the Company's sole discretion..." and you were (I assume) deactivated, I would take it up with the area manager.
Temporarily (48 hrs) Deactivated. Hence, all the extra free time to research this topic! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just checked for last week. I canceled 4 out of 35 rides. And I had perfectly good reasons for each of them!

And out of those 35......8 were canceled by the riders (only 1 AFTER 5 minutes)....with NO compensation to me! Are those riders penalized for their cancellations? I'm guessing the answer is NO! :mad: Even though on most of them I'm SURE I at least started traveling towards them.

What about a 'negative DRIVERS experience'? HUH? :confused: Why aren't these fickle Uber riders who request and then cancel immediately held up to the same standards?

·
Registered
606 Posts
LEAFdriver Couldn't agree more! Riders need to be held to the standards we are (hahaha jk uber would never do that)! I will NOT pick up anyone below a 4.6. Let me rephrase that, I will not pick up women below 4.6. As a woman, I can say that women make for the majority of unpleasant trips.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I just checked for last week. I canceled 4 out of 35 rides. And I had perfectly good reasons for each of them!

And out of those 35......8 were canceled by the riders (only 1 AFTER 5 minutes)....with NO compensation to me! Are those riders penalized for their cancellations? I'm guessing the answer is NO! :mad: Even though on most of them I'm SURE I at least started traveling towards them.

What about a 'negative DRIVERS experience'? HUH? :confused: Why aren't these fickle Uber riders who request and then cancel immediately held up to the same standards?
It's basically the number of "driver cancelled" trips in your log for the past week cannot be more than 10% of your completed trips ... Passenger cancellations dont count against you regardless of how many you may have had.
Also if you want to quick cancel it won't count against you accept-cancel-other will go to the next available driver, if he too cancels then it might end up in your log but if another driver does eventually accept or the rider cancels before than it'll be counted as a rider cancel as far as I know ...
Luber on!

So if you fall into 10% or more cancellations its up to ubers discretion to take action or not

And accepting less than 80% of pings will get you in hot water too

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If you fall below, you'll get a text or email telling you what the guideline is and tells you to get it back up there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts