Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took a while but I finally found a disadvantage in not driving for Oober.

And that is my car is always dirty. After many many weeks I had enough and cleaned it - whereas with Oober I cleaned it every week without fail and the mini cleans in betweens.

So there you go Oober muppets a disadvantage for you to chew on ;) LOL

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts

And that is my car is always dirty. After many many weeks I had enough and cleaned it - whereas with Oober I cleaned it every week without fail and the mini cleans in betweens.

Yeh and what a bugger ,you can,t rely on "God's wash" at the moment

·
Registered
170 Posts

And the advantage is you dont have to wash your car :)

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Driving a Great Wall car hes not joking about taking cheap Uber transport.
It is funny seeing 'Great Wall' vehicles for sale on a used car lot. The vehicle has been totally stripped of any and all distinguishing badges and insignias to hide the fact that it may have been manufactured by 'Asbestos Motor Corp.'
Apparently is is a new cutting edge brand that is much better than Nissan and Toyota, yes it is Asian, but sir.....this is a truly once in a lifetime, ground floor opportunity.

The price is very, very appealing and the very, very friendly sales person is offering a special one time, unbelievable opportunity, $300 cashback, if we can get these cooling off negation forms signed off and witnessed in the next 15 minutes.

Okay, now that we have got that done, there may be some issues with the brakes :mad: Asbestos city....here we come....:D:D

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
It is funny seeing 'Great Wall' vehicles for sale on a used car lot. The vehicle has been totally stripped of any and all distinguishing badges and insignias to hide the fact that it may have been manufactured by 'Asbestos Motor Corp.'
Apparently is is a new cutting edge brand that is much better than Nissan and Toyota, yes it is Asian, but sir.....this is a truly once in a lifetime, ground floor opportunity.

The price is very, very appealing and the very, very friendly sales person is offering a special one time, unbelievable opportunity, $300 cashback, if we can get these cooling off negation forms signed off and witnessed in the next 15 minutes.

Okay, now that we have got that done, there may be some issues with the brakes :mad: Asbestos city....here we come....:D:D

lol, I've gotta fess up. I have a GW dual cab diesel. Use it to tow the boat to the ramp, and take rubbish to the tip.
Sure its cheap, has a stigma about it and has asbestos brakes, but hey, for what I use it for it has heaps going for it.

I know I know, but it's a Great Wall...:confused:

·
Premium Member
10,114 Posts
Apart from perceived azzy health risks, nothing wrong with asbestos brake linings - they last way better and fade less than the modern azzy-free ones.
This obsession with asbestos has got to the point where, if you merely drive past some fibro beach shacks, you are condemned to die a horrible death if you listen to the "experts".
Plenty of us grew up surrounded by the stuff & even lived and worked amongst it, with no apparent ill effects.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Apart from perceived azzy health risks, nothing wrong with asbestos brake linings - they last way better and fade less than the modern azzy-free ones.
This obsession with asbestos has got to the point where, if you merely drive past some fibro beach shacks, you are condemned to die a horrible death if you listen to the "experts".
Plenty of us grew up surrounded by the stuff & even lived and worked amongst it, with no apparent ill effects.
I know I did...

·
Premium Member
10,133 Posts
At my primary school, they would point with great pride to the asbestos stage curtain and enthuse about how it kept us safe...from fire.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
:D:D:D You were lucky !!! Oh, we used to dream of livin' in amongst it! Would ha' been a palace to us !!!

It keeps coming back :):)

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I used to work with a guy that was a professional brake mechanic that worked on a lot of race cars and rally cars. He was the team manager for Allan Grice when he won Bathurst! lol. But getting back to the point i want to make.... is that when they tested brake dust/powder from drum brakes using asbestos pads they could not find any asbestos fibres in the powder.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts