Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is amazing when you consider the fact this is before DiDi have even launched.

Outerwear Product Sleeve Knee Gesture

DiDi are still running driver referral rewards for Newcastle so it's not a NSW thing.
DiDi driver referral rewards are over in Victoria for both Melbourne and Geelong on the other hand so that's probably a Vic thing.

Have DiDi conceded defeat to Uber in Australia's largest city before the Battle of the Harbour Bridge has even began?
I think DiDi have conceded defeat based on the timing of this move by them.

DiDi having ended driver referral rewards in Sydney right after Uber launched their 5% commission after 50 trips promotion for all drivers is a telling sign of the white flag being waved by DiDi.

DiDi know they'll struggle with getting drivers online because they're all chasing Uber's 5% commission bonus.
It seems as though DiDi have no comeback to Uber's 5% commission bonus which is a rolling weekly promotion from Uber.

DiDi have been advertising heavily to get customers downloading their DiDi rider app which comes loaded with discounts.
These discounts will be rendered useless because of how hard it'll be to get a ride.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Looks like they have plenty of drivers then.

I don’t think they will crush Uber, and that is not likely their intention, it’s more to get a slice of the pie, mainly from Chinese PAX that are more loyal to DiDi than Uber, and will switch for the lower rates.

Some loyal Uber PAX who never use Ola/Bolt will stay with Uber. PAX that have multiple apps will add DiDi and use them when it suits. Cost conscious PAX will likely stay with DiDi.

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts
DiDi never set out to be no 1 to takeover Uber,
They only no1 in China every other market they have been no2 at best.

getting drivers onboard is easy, it’s converting riders proving difficult and so far most of the pax I’ve been picking are not interested in DiDi particularly Uber riders.
as existing uber riders didn’t go to Ola or bolt , so they not going to change to DiDi either

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like they have plenty of drivers then.
Uber have far more drivers on their platform than any of the other companies.
That hasn't stopped Uber from offering driver referral rewards.
It doesn't make sense why DiDi have stopped offering driver referral rewards in Melbourne and Geelong, let alone in Sydney where they haven't even launched yet.

I don't think they will crush Uber, and that is not likely their intention, it's more to get a slice of the pie, mainly from Chinese PAX that are more loyal to DiDi than Uber, and will switch for the lower rates.

Some loyal Uber PAX who never use Ola/Bolt will stay with Uber. PAX that have multiple apps will add DiDi and use them when it suits. Cost conscious PAX will likely stay with DiDi.
Nah their plan is to crush Uber like they did in China.
Then they plan to raise commission to 30% for all drivers.
I heard it straight from the mouth of a DiDi employee who I happened to have as a pax.

DiDi never set out to be no 1 to takeover Uber,
They only no1 in China every other market they have been no2 at best.

getting drivers onboard is easy, it's converting riders proving difficult and so far most of the pax I've been picking are not interested in DiDi particularly Uber riders.
as existing uber riders didn't go to Ola or bolt , so they not going to change to DiDi either
DiDi plan to crush Uber in Australia as I have mentioned.
There is no chance they'll succeed or even get close to succeeding with achieving their plan though.
Ola, DiDi and Bolt are all competing to be Australia's number 2 rideshare behind Uber.

Uber have a large number of loyal pax in Australia and this can be put down to Newscorp media outlets singing Uber's praises every chance they get.
You never hear Newscorp media outlets mention any other rideshare company. Ever.
Uber loyalists won't use any other rideshare company because none of them are mainstream. Simple.

Also there are many pax who use Uber corporate accounts to get around, so they aren't touching Ola, DiDi or Bolt with a 10 foot pole.
I know Ola have an option for corporate accounts but does anyone even use Ola and have a corporate account with them?

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
If Didi are going to have most of the Chinese market in Sydney upon launch, that is a good reason not to drive for them in the current market.

Now in the interests of fairness, does anyone know who will capture the Italian, Iranian and South Korean market?

·
Premium Member
Holden Craptiva & Hyundai i30
1,591 Posts
They have enough drivers to start, probably more than enough seeing the numbers at the launch event.

They'll add more as time goes by as ola did throughout 2019. Check the airport queue numbers if they have a counter.

Would have been better for Didi to keep the promo up however I doubt it costs them much.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They have enough drivers to start, probably more than enough seeing the numbers at the launch event.

They'll add more as time goes by as ola did throughout 2019. Check the airport queue numbers if they have a counter.

Would have been better for Didi to keep the promo up however I doubt it costs them much.
New rideshare drivers still tend to go for signing up with only Uber given they're the household name.
The general public don't call it rideshare they call it Uber.

Ola, DiDi and Bolt have always relied on referrals to grow both their driver and customer bases.
Without driver referral rewards, what incentive will there be for drivers who are already in the industry and on multiple platforms to tell new Uber drivers to drive for DiDi too?
How will DiDi replace drivers who quit given the high turnover rate in the rideshare industry?

Remember that DiDi are not mainstream so the general public all around Australia don't know about them.
That's why referrals have been their way to get more drivers and customers to use their service.
Same thing with Ola and Bolt except they both still have their driver referral programs in place.

·
Registered
957 Posts

didi have ended their driver referral program in victoria for both cities in the state where they operate being melbourne and geelong.

Clothing Jeans Leg Product Human body

Human body Sleeve Knee Elbow Rectangle

it could be a temporary thing as for all we know didi could be working on a new driver referral program for melbourne, geelong and sydney as they are the three cities where didi don't currently have a driver referral program in place.

it wasn't long ago when didi would ring drivers who hadn't driven with didi in a while and see why but i haven't driven for didi in a month now and no phone calls have been received from them.

·
Premium Member
You can’t cure stupidity unfortunately!
3,472 Posts
They are a Chinese company who have sucked a whole group of morons in with un achievable targets to get their business going, they will screw you starting now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.