Uber Drivers Forum banner

Did you receive afternoon incentives this week? (10am-4pm)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have a real job and they gave me the mid-day incentives this week -- but not last week. I think what may have happened is that two weeks ago, when I did have the mid-day incentives, I went out during lunch and did a ride, maybe two. I only did this two days a week. Perhaps uber's algorithm saw this and concluded that with the incentive I will go out more mid-day, which is true. I did not go out mid-day last week -- but nothing to do with uber I was just busy LOL.

Its really interesting to see all the manipulation.

Although this morning's incentive as 1.8x, pings seemed hard to come by at least in Alexandria. Was very surprised b/c blue line outage this morning. Did finally receive a ping and it was a blue line refugee, wanted to go to Rosslyn metro. I stopped driving early as traffic sucked and was concerned that one more ping would actually be an hour to an hour plus even for a short DC trip. So I turned app off.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
seems to be around 50/50. i wonder how they chose who got it... last week i did one mid-day afternoon ride. this week i will do zero and see if i get the mid-day incentives next week.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I never work during mid day because I'm working at my regular job. I still received incentives for mid day this week

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
1.7 10-3 and 2.0 4-11 thru Thursday. They said I will get an email Thursday for weekend. Can't drive until Thursday this week because of work but with this incentive and a decent one for the weekend it just might be enough for me to start driving again after a year break. Wouldn't mind getting the hourly guarantee

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Im an earnings boost person and got the midday boost. I think its because I didnt do any driving mid day last week since I didnt get a midday boost. So theyre trying to get me back out there midday which worked. I had an earnings boost from 7am-3pm but NO boost 3pm-4pm and then boost 4pm-11pm. WTH? Are they experimenting to see what I do if I dont get a boost for an hour? Of course I stopped driving...

·
Premium Member
23,117 Posts
Im an earnings boost person and got the midday boost. I think its because I didnt do any driving mid day last week since I didnt get a midday boost. So theyre trying to get me back out there midday which worked. I had an earnings boost from 7am-3pm but NO boost 3pm-4pm and then boost 4pm-11pm. WTH? Are they experimenting to see what I do if I dont get a boost for an hour? Of course I stopped driving...
Same here. They may be trying to 'train' me to drive certain times but they're also training me to NOT drive for base rates, EVER. Only exception is a Dulles dropoff, then will pickup someone hopefully going back to RZ.

This is what cracks me up about Friday & Saturday evenings between 8:00 & 10:00 (9:00 this past Saturday night); there's no bonus, so of course every driver app goes off, then surge comes & apps go back on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts