Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a passenger try to tip me $100 today because I ran him to 3 stops, home, work and back home, his Uber bill was $24 (my cut $15). So when he put in 100$ for tip, he received auto message saying that based on the value amount of his initial bill, he can only tip $10 max. Why are they limiting the amount of $ we can make?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Had a passenger try to tip me $100 today because I ran him to 3 stops, home, work and back home, his Uber bill was $24 (my cut $15). So when he put in 100$ for tip, he received auto message saying that based on the value amount of his initial bill, he can only tip $10 max. Why are they limiting the amount of $ we can make?
"Because we can."

·
Premium Member
73,492 Posts
Really.
Why ?

It is NONE OF UBERS BUSINESS HOW MUCH WE ARE TIPPED !!!

Independent Contractors

EASY LAWSUIT HERE.

·
Registered
608 Posts
There shouldn't be a limit. One time I had a guy give me $100 tip for a short ride. I actually told him too much for the minimum ride. He insisted I took it. Uber should email people and verify the amount. 2 hunt is right it's none of Uber's business. There have been many times I've got 20 for a short ride. Tuesday was "double tip". Adding things up it doesn't appear to be in the total weekly.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Uber seems to actually LOOK for reasons to be sued.
Is there any possible upside, such as a tax write-off of the costs associated with defending itself, that makes Uber want to set itself up for lawsuits all the time?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I do agree Teach, I've gotten some great tips on short rides and told them it was too much, usually they then give me more. I do like the delay tip approach of a confirmation email to the rider, as long as they actually look at it in the future.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sue because of a $100 tip??? I would take this as a lesson? A $90 lesson. Because now we know the parameters of tipping. I don't know how you ask someone are you going to tip me. How much?? We having been griping forever to have this feature. Its here!!! Now you want to sue. Uber could say no need we will just remove it ....then what??? Sue them for removing it. Or maybe we should sue because they lower fares. Or sue because support is bu......it. Tipping on app actually is working for me. Made 150 since started plus I still get cash. It is not a perfect world it the world according to uber. You learn to to adjust. If you can't no one is making you continue. Then maybe you can sue for unfair labor practices. Oh yeah that has already been litigated.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Sue because of a $100 tip??? I would take this as a lesson? A $90 lesson. Because now we know the parameters of tipping. I don't know how you ask someone are you going to tip me. How much?? We having been griping forever to have this feature. Its here!!! Now you want to sue. Uber could say no need we will just remove it ....then what??? Sue them for removing it. Or maybe we should sue because they lower fares. Or sue because support is bu......it. Tipping on app actually is working for me. Made 150 since started plus I still get cash. It is not a perfect world it the world according to uber. You learn to to adjust. If you can't no one is making you continue. Then maybe you can sue for unfair labor practices. Oh yeah that has already been litigated.
Take that nonsense somewhere else. Nobody (other other than Uber shills) want to hear you attempting to condone Uber's shenanigans.

Uber has no right to dictate how much a customer can tip drivers. Drivers are "independent contractors". Uber built the tipping option into the app not as an olive branch to drivers but to compete with Lyft, because they just lost market share to Lyft for the first time.

What's wrong with you, lady?

·
Registered
608 Posts
You absolutely right. Uber shouldn't be able to dictate the amount. But real point is people want to sue for everything. I guess you weren't understanding the sarcasm within my post. Kalee where did you get losing market to lyft. Easy to say different to back up with fact. Fact is even if that was true. I'm still getting as many rides as I ever have so no sweating here. Whether it was an olive branch by uber doesn't matter Did you sign up to accept apps. You could of opted out or did you grab the olive branch!!?? I noticed you are a well known member so I'm assuming you have been around awhile.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You absolutely right. Uber shouldn't be able to dictate the amount. But real point is people want to sue for everything. I guess you weren't understanding the sarcasm within my post. Kalee where did you get losing market to lyft. Easy to say different to back up with fact. Fact is even if that was true. I'm still getting as many rides as I ever have so no sweating here. Whether it was an olive branch by uber doesn't matter Did you sign up to accept apps. You could of opted out or did you grab the olive branch!!?? I noticed you are a well known member so I'm assuming you have been around awhile.
Come on, lady. You need to be more on top of things.

Here you go, silly lady:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/b4fb76a6-52dd-11e7-bfb8-997009366969

Here's another one from USA Today:
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/102795024/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Really.
Why ?

It is NONE OF UBERS BUSINESS HOW MUCH WE ARE TIPPED !!!

Independent Contractors

EASY LAWSUIT HERE.
Well, after attempting to message support, and getting 7 auto generated responses, someone finally read and wrote a custom answer. Tipping cap is 2x amount of fare. In my case it still didn't make sense as fare was $25, and I'm waiting to get another response (maybe after message 15), but assuming it's because they are going off the original quoted rate when he requested the ride to his first destination point, of 3 total stops. That's my best guess. So he would have been able to leave $50. I did tell him that $100 to start was excessive, and not necessary but he also used to drive for uber so knows the aches and pains and knew that I was missing the 2am downtown Willoughby surge as he was several blocks shy of it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The computer system where I bartend at questions tips. "The amount entered is more than 100% of the total prior to tip".

It's an easy override, no big deal, we still get the extremely generous tips, but first we're alerted, presumably in case we mistakenly added a zero?

But the fact that a system is in place to catch "mistakes" whether they are mistakes or not makes me think Über simply has a system eliminating this potential head ache. Considering tipping within the app was road tested in other cities, maybe drunks' excessive tips followed by morning after complaints led Uber to implement the tipping cap. Similar to the bar computers red flag.

So what? A passenger really wants to tip $100? ATMs in every gas station, banks on every corner.

Don't overthink it, who cares?

·
Premium Member
73,492 Posts
The computer system where I bartend at questions tips. "The amount entered is more than 100% of the total prior to tip".

It's an easy override, no big deal, we still get the extremely generous tips, but first we're alerted, presumably in case we mistakenly added a zero?

But the fact that a system is in place to catch "mistakes" whether they are mistakes or not makes me think Über simply has a system eliminating this potential head ache. Considering tipping within the app was road tested in other cities, maybe drunks' excessive tips followed by morning after complaints led Uber to implement the tipping cap. Similar to the bar computers red flag.

So what? A passenger really wants to tip $100? ATMs in every gas station, banks on every corner.

Don't overthink it, who cares?
After 8 years of no tips.
After 8 years of Uber telling Customers
NOT TO TIP

I CARE !

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Well, after attempting to message support, and getting 7 auto generated responses, someone finally read and wrote a custom answer. Tipping cap is 2x amount of fare. In my case it still didn't make sense as fare was $25, and I'm waiting to get another response (maybe after message 15), but assuming it's because they are going off the original quoted rate when he requested the ride to his first destination point, of 3 total stops. That's my best guess. So he would have been able to leave $50. I did tell him that $100 to start was excessive, and not necessary but he also used to drive for uber so knows the aches and pains and knew that I was missing the 2am downtown Willoughby surge as he was several blocks shy of it.
Maybe he lied

·
Registered
608 Posts
There is a meeting tomorrow about the support subject. Part of 180 days of change. So I'll see what changes there will be with support. Those graphs are correct but I believe true in different regions. Anyway have a good week make a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You may apologize any time now, lady.

You challenged me and below I have provided articles regarding Uber losing market share, that you so smugly tried to deny.

Now you've gone quiet.

Here you go, silly lady:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/b4fb76a6-52dd-11e7-bfb8-997009366969

Here's another one from USA Today:
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/102795024/

The lady has gone quiet.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Kalee you've been with uber for quite sometime. You must like it. I'm going to guess you do lyft also. I don't. I'm as busy with uber as I can be. But with uber imploding maybe I should consider it. Ask any company if they would like 75% of market share. I know uber wanted to crush lyft. It will never happen. Look at the graphs . Lyft has a small part of pie. There are spin doctors that can make anything look good or bad. Its just what will sell papers. News thrives on bad news.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Kalee you've been with uber for quite sometime. You must like it. I'm going to guess you do lyft also. I don't. I'm as busy with uber as I can be. But with uber imploding maybe I should consider it. Ask any company if they would like 75% of market share. I know uber wanted to crush lyft. It will never happen. Look at the graphs . Lyft has a small part of pie. There are spin doctors that can make anything look good or bad. Its just what will sell papers. News thrives on bad news.
The Titanic will never sink either, will it?

By the way, lady - I have not driven in a year and a half and I NEVER drove for Lyft.

Pretty easy to see that you're a newer driver.

You will eventually learn that a very large percentage of UP.net members no longer drive.
And we know what all of your next questions will be. You'll be done within 6 months.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.